Brewer Fanatic

5/12/08 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. I think the ump was actually trying to give Molina some time to air his grievances - was just going to go around and clean the plate - and Molina just got more aggitated as he was yelling. I have seen a few umps goad players lately, but in this case I think he was giving him every chance to speak his mind and then keep going. Molina just didn't take the chance and then shut up.

Oh, it was definitely Molina's choice to keep pushing, it just seemed like the ump snapped around pretty quick to face him. It looked like he reached for a ball to toss to the pitcher but Molina said something and the ejection was given. I don't fault the ump, I have definitely seen worse ump interactions with players. Either way, it's still Molina's fault.

And Uecker's comment sounds great

You take a guy with an ERA near 7, have him face the other team's (default) ace whose ERA is less than 1/3rd what Bush's was, entering the contest, and what happens?

Guess that's why they play the games on the field, instead of on computers.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

OK, kind of weird to pull your starter with a 7 run lead when he has less than 100 pitches. With the no days off for the next 27 days, don't you want to save your bullpen when you can.

And no, I've never said Bush or any other starting pitchers should have the length of their starts artificially limited.

Wainwright just getting CRUSHED. Poor guy has an ERA of 3.0 now.

This is FUN!!!

So much for the "Cy Young short list" that Brian and Bill were touting for him at the start of the game. I guess he could still get there, but NOT TONIGHT!

So much for the "Cy Young short list" that Brian and Bill were touting for him at the start of the game.

They were also acting like Looper had been some great starter for the Cardinals this year and LaRussa was a genius for putting into the starting rotation. A little early to make a call like that, guys? I enjoyed Looper leaving that game with an ERA north of 4.

OK, kind of weird to pull your starter with a 7 run lead when he has less than 100 pitches. With the no days off for the next 27 days, don't you want to save your bullpen when you can.

And no, I've never said Bush or any other starting pitchers should have the length of their starts artificially limited.

I'm guessing they want Bush to leave the game on a positive note for a change.

This is actually a good opportunity for Gagne. Hopefully he won't implode again. Nice DP and nice to see him throwing his fastball.

Gagne's hands are a little different when he starts his windup. He is keeping his hand in his gloce longer. Before he held his hand out of his glove at the start of his windup.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived