Brewer Fanatic

5/12/08 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (Bush): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how Ryan was the only one who took issue with the whole "everything's gonna be alright" vibe after all the losing. It's as if he's saying to himself, "To hell with this then. I'm going to get aggressive...right now!"

NL Player of the Week? Ryan's got my vote...

Team MVP?

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Uecker's call on Molina and and LaRussa getting tossed: "It's all Corey's fault. If he'd have swung at that pitch, Molina and LaRussa would still be in the game."

Uecker may not be on top of his game anymore, but he's got a lot of good color commentary in him.

What is going on here? LaRussa and Molina got ejected?

Yep, and Molina was a hoot. Was kind of telling the ump "ok, you catch and listen to calls like that" and just started tossing his gear at the umpire. I was waiting for him to take is jock off as well! That was pretty funny, but will definitely cost him a game or two!

"We're up by 6 in the 5th and with the inevitable implosion by Bush in the 6th, we should still be able to hold the lead being up by this much."

Cross:

I'm trying a different tactic tonight with Bush.

Over the last few years, I've always predicted the inevitable barbecuing he'd sustain in the 5th or 6th inning, and sure enough, most of the time, it happened. Not this time, though.

Dave Bush will pitch at least 7, maybe 8, and when he leaves the game, we'll still be up at least 5.

DaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgood...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

interesting choice to push it by molina, but i agree the ump going out to turn and face molina probably didn't help

I disagree. I think the ump was actually trying to give Molina some time to air his grievances - was just going to go around and clean the plate - and Molina just got more aggitated as he was yelling. I have seen a few umps goad players lately, but in this case I think he was giving him every chance to speak his mind and then keep going. Molina just didn't take the chance and then shut up.

"We're up by 6 in the 5th and with the inevitable implosion by Bush in the 6th, we should still be able to hold the lead being up by this much."

Cross:

I'm trying a different tactic tonight with Bush.

Over the last few years, I've always predicted the inevitable barbecuing he'd sustain in the 5th or 6th inning, and sure enough, most of the time, it happened. Not this time, though.

Dave Bush will pitch at least 7, maybe 8, and when he leaves the game, we'll still be up at least 5.

DaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgoodDaveBushwillpitchgood...

I'll see your 7 or 8 and raise you to a complete game! How would that get us a bit excited if Bush starts pitching complete games?!!

Archived