Brewer Fanatic

Fenway Roll Call

Verified Member
I just want to say how proud I am of Brewer Nation for showing up strong at Fenway and supporting the Brewers. It's exciting to hear stories about how there were people in Brewers clothing all over town. I kind of wish I was there to see it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mass of fans in Boston spoke volumes about the size and dedication of the Brewers' fanbase. We showed everybody in Boston how far the Milwaukee Brewers have come in the past few years, and, IMO, we proved that the Brewers may have the smallest market in the game, but they have A LOT of dedicated, passionate fans.

It was a terrific weekend in Boston. I can't tell you how many Brewers fans I saw (on the T, in Prudential Center, Fanueil Hall, Brewers fans playing catch in Boston Common, in restaurants, etc).

I agree. I was surprised that every bar, restaurant or even the Duck Tour I went to had at least one other Brewer Fan. Heck the Luxury Suite I was in even had another Brewer fan in it. Overall a good time even though the game outcomes were not what we were all hoping for.

I would like to add $9 Sam Adams beers from the Game On bar outside of Fenway to LouisEly's list of things that won't draw me back to Boston though.

Would the "Let's Go Cameron" guy from Saturday afternoon's game please identify himself?

It wasn't his repeated chant that was so funny. It was the woman sitting in front of him who kept screaming, "Would you PLEASE STOP!".

It was cool to hear the "Let's Go Brewers / Let's Go Red Sox" back-and-forth going on. Even on TV on Sunday you could hear it pretty clearly.

It sucked that the Brewers got swept, but Saturday's weather, the Brewer fan presence (especially in the back half of the bleachers which seemed to be 10-15% Brewer fans), and the fact that they battled back pretty hard each game in spite of the crappy pitching, made it a fun weekend in Bean Town.

By the way, we stayed in town through Tuesday and the local sports radio shows were still raving about Braun.

I would like to add $9 Sam Adams beers from the Game On bar outside of Fenway to LouisEly's list of things that won't draw me back to Boston though.

You should have went just down the block to the back side of Fenway - there was a huge bar/restaurant where the beers were only $5. Pretty sure I had a Sam Addams Light there and it was only $5. Don't know why they poured it out into a cup (but gave me a Bud Light bottle later... perhaps because the Bud Light bottle was aluminum).

NYChez - I was a row in front and to the left of the "Let's Go Cameron" guy and his girlfriend in the bleachers. We must have been sitting very close to each other for that early game. His very loud extended rant to no one in particular about the state of the Brewers and Yost was painful. All the Brewers fans near us were embarrassed that he was a representation of a Brewer fan to the Red Sox fans in that area.

My friends and I's highlight, from underneath Fenway on Friday during the rain delay. We probably had our picture taken 400+ times by Brewer fans and Red Sox fans alike.

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/9563/bostonpictureah9.jpg

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived