Brewer Fanatic

Need help identifying a song played at Miller Park

Brewer Fever

I'm having a heck of a time identifying the song played while the Brewers take the field for the first time at home while the starter is making his warmup tosses and the fielders throw the ball around. This is after they play "Bring Em Out" repeated three times. I'm not looking for the song with Jay Z. I'm looking for the song they play after that. All they're using from that song is the Bring Em Out drop. It's accompanied by a video highlight presentation. If anyone knows please respond. I can't realy make out the words and the vocals are hard to distinguish. It sounds like a song that Rage Against The Machine might sing but I don't think it's them.

"O Fortuna" is the song the play right before the Brewers bat in the bottom of the 1st. That's not the song. I'm looking for the song they play when they take the field in the top half.

EDIT: I checked the player intro thread and it looks like identifying songs at MP is a hobby of sorts for you, ewizabeff. You might be my best hope.

On Sunday, they played the beginning of Baba O'Riley by The Who (better recognized as Teenage Wasteland). That was also Jeff Suppan's walkup music, so I assume that's why they played it as he warmed up today; however, I thought it was a good choice.

For the April games we attended, they played something else before the top of the first - something recorded after the 1980s, which drastically reduces the chance that I will recognize it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't think I've heard any Marilyn Manson in the park this year. And I'm very happy to write that.

The song we're trying to figure out is kind of an indy-rock song. I was going to guess The Hives, but I didn't have any luck. If I could make up a band that does the song, it would be a mix between The Hives and Ok Go.

I don't think I've heard any Marilyn Manson in the park this year. And I'm very happy to write that.

The song we're trying to figure out is kind of an indy-rock song. I was going to guess The Hives, but I didn't have any luck. If I could make up a band that does the song, it would be a mix between The Hives and Ok Go.

I know that the Hives "Hate To Say I Told You So" is sometimes played after strikeouts.

Along the same vein...this is a tough one that I really can't describe...sometimes, usually when there is some kind of break in the game, they play this instrumental organ piece. It kind of sounds like it might be a version of some oldies song from the 50s or 60s. Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Along the same vein...this is a tough one that I really can't describe...sometimes, usually when there is some kind of break in the game, they play this instrumental organ piece. It kind of sounds like it might be a version of some oldies song from the 50s or 60s. Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?

That one I might be able to help with. At home I have the Ultra-Lounge CD of organ music and when I played it for the first time, the first track made me immediately think, "hey! They play that at the ballpark sometimes!"

Of course, I can't read your mind to know if this is the same piece you're wondering about. The CD is Organs in Orbit and the first track is Rockhouse. The hyperlink in the previous sentence is to the Amazon page, so check the sampler and see if that's what you're thinking of.

I had no idea there would be "baseball" music on the CD. I was just looking for one more purchase to get to $25 and score the free super saver shipping.

Invader, I think I know what you're talking about - my best guess.

I believe the organ piece you're referring to is a little portion of "Inna Godda Da Vida" that they play sometimes when there's a lull in the action (e.g. when a pitch is fouled off into the stands and the pitcher takes 10-15 seconds to walk around the mound, use the rosin bag, etc.)

Am I right?

D'oh. Well, short of being able to do the vulcan mind meld or attending a game with you where the snippet is played, I am not sure we can help you.

I have heard Rockhouse played at the park, though.

It's White Stripes "Icky Thump". Don't ask..Won't Tell. Complete with a Youtube link and lyrics.

Yah-hee, icky thump

Who'd-a thunk?

Sittin' drunk

On a wagon to Mexico

Her hair, what a chump

And my head

Got a bump

When I hit it on the radio

Red-head señorita

Lookin' dead

Came to said,

"I need a bed" en español