Brewer Fanatic

5/11/08 Cardinals (Looper) at Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 PM CDT

adambr2
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so this bullpen by committee stuff is alright by me.

the only thing I worry about is all the additional wear and tear on bullpen pitchers as they are warming up every night.

Pre 5/11, Gagne goes in top of the 9th and blows it all by himself.

Post 5/11, Torres was used, Shouse was used, Mota was warming up (?), anybody else... how will this affect the BP long term?

Gagne needs to be the closer for this team to succeed. I think this is a knee-jerk by Yost reacting to fans and Gagne's comments. We are talking about a guy who has saved about (i didnt look it back up) 160 out of 170 games in his career until this year. He'll get it straightened out and we need him to get it straightened out. It didn't help having him get booed after the first flippin' single yesterday.

This was the first game we attended since before all the May crap the Brewers have experienced. Psychologically, it felt like much more than 16 days had passed.

However, I am satisfied with the end result. The Brewers are 4-2 on the hawing ticket now, which looks a lot better than 3-3 would have.

It was important because I've got to think that the Bush/Wainwright matchup does not favor the Brewers.

I'm inclined to agree - though I had the same thought prior to the Bush/Hamels matchup vs. PHI, and while Dave did not come away with a W, the Brewers did.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Gagne needs to be the closer for this team to succeed.

I'm not convinced of this, but even if it's true, the man's confidence is gone right now. I think it's absolutely the right move to make at the moment, just as St Louis was correct in pulling Izzy for a little while, despite his past success. I'd love it if Gagne got the job back later on, and excelled, but it'd be fine with me if he became a great 8th inning guy too.

Great win, I didn't see any of it because of Mothers Day activities with the family. But I was okay with an off day from the Brewers and hey they even won. Awesome that Brauny hit two out with the pink bat, maybe he is the new kind of pink and not Hall? We shall see. Nice for Suppan to get a "W", lets keep it rolling with Bush tomorrow and take 3 of 4 from the Cards.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Where'd you sit Hawing? I started in 231 (Off course the section over wins something) but then I moved by some friends that had extra tickets up on Terrace.

Good to see Braun and Hardy starting to hit the ball well. Hopefully the rest of the team comes around. Gabe Gross Game Worn Jersey is now 1 - 3, thank god, I was about to hang that thing up forever.. but now it's got a win I can wear it with pride!

Gagne needs to be the closer for this team to succeed. I think this is a knee-jerk by Yost reacting to fans and Gagne's comments. We are talking about a guy who has saved about (i didnt look it back up) 160 out of 170 games in his career until this year. He'll get it straightened out and we need him to get it straightened out. It didn't help having him get booed after the first flippin' single yesterday.

I don't really agree with this at all. Gagne needs to be effective in some role because the team needs all the arms it can get. If he is really going to be our best RP he would be better served just pitching whatever inning is most important than being a closer. I personally don't think he is the best RP on the team so I was fine with him as the closer. I don't think the team can afford to just cut bait on him though, the bullpen just isn't deep enough.

Archived