Brewer Fanatic

5/11/08 Cardinals (Looper) at Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 PM CDT

adambr2

Jim Powell just gave us an interesting stat: this is the first game in a week that the Brewers have not trailed 3-0.

Now they lead 3-0!

Gameday tells me that all but one of Braun's home runs have come vs righties. I think he's heating up.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, the "value" always cited for Suppan is "innings eater", which is extremely important when you're talking about a .500 pitcher with 4.25+ ERA. So when even he only goes 5 innings, it just puts even more pressure on the entire staff.

Jim Powell just gave us an interesting stat: this is the first game in a week that the Brewers have not trailed 3-0.

Now they lead 3-0!

Gameday tells me that all but one of Braun's home runs have come vs righties. I think he's hitting up.

Actually they lead 3-1 but it is an interesting stat.

I don't think innings eater means he pitches a lot of innings per game. Guys who pitch a lot of innings are usually called horses, like Livan Hernandez.

Innings eater generally means a mediocre guy you can stick in the rotation and not worry about those innings, compared to say Parra or CV who you have no idea if they will last in the rotation. You know Suppan will soak up 190-200 innings for the rotation every year.

Dear Bill Hall,

As cool as it sounds, batting under .200 isn't that great. Trust me. At the very least you should try to hit for the cycle though, people will forget that you're batting .200 for at least a little while.

Sincerely,

Chad Moeller

Community Moderator
Dear Bill Hall,

Hitting .200 stinks. If you are that bad, you may as well swing as hard as you can and hit a really long home run every few weeks. People will love you.

-Russell Branyan.

Community Moderator
BA surprised Suppan isn't bunting with a runner on second. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/eyes.gif

You trust that he'd be able to advance him otherwise?

Maybe it was a gut feeling?

One out with a guy on third is less likely to score a run than no outs and a guy on second. A sac bunt isn't a guarantee to work, it has a decent chance of getting the runner gunned out at third. Why not let one of your better hitting pitchers take a shot at a single?

Archived