Brewer Fanatic

5/11/08 Cardinals (Looper) at Brewers (Suppan): 1:05 PM CDT

adambr2
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suppan on pace for another nice line of : 5 IP 5 H 6 BB 3 Ks 3 ER 112 pitches.

"It's been a tight strike zone" A) That was a ball B) Freakin' adjust then Suppan, why are you nibbling against the pitcher?

Wow, those ball 4 pitches to the last three hitters really have been close. It looks like there are going to be a lot of walks issued in this game since both of these pitchers pitch to contact....

That was a prime example of why I have a problem when people say "Brian Anderson is better than most other MLB announcers." I haven't heard that many other teams announcers, but BA just said "Izturis is a prototypical lead-off hitter." 2,844 career AB's, .297 career OBP. Nice research.

That last AB was the perfect example of why I hate Gwynn batting 2nd with the pitcher batting 8th. Not necessarily the result itself, but the situation. You have your high OBP guys at #9 and #1. You set the stage for RBI's at #2, and Slappy's infield singles aren't going to do that.

Archived