Brewer Fanatic

4/14/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Cardinals (Wells): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Here's another headscratcher... we're batting 262 vs our opponent's 256 with runners on. When you qualify it to runners in scoring position however, we drop to 192 and our opponents stay only drop to 246.

Why? I mean, we all feel the pain of it and suspect that drop from watching the games, but what gives? I don't get how our approach changes or whatever

You can find a whole lot of weird splits 9 games into a season.

What would we get for Vargas that would be better than having 7 or 8 legit starters

Hopefully more prospects. The Brewers are graduating so many of them at once that they kind of need to replenish the upper levels. He's not going to fetch much, but the most important thing trading him does is open up a spot for Gallardo. They'd still have 6 starters that are average or above, maybe even 7 if you were to throw Dessens into the discussion. Parra could very well be in the mix by that time, too (he should be in AAA by then).

so is #8 Brauns number througout the minors and at Miami?

Braun wore # 8 at Miami and through the minors. I know he actually wore 18 for a while with Milwaukee. I know that 18 is what Gross wears now.... so not sure how that worked.

As of now, assuming good health, I envision Gallardo coming up in September to work out of the bullpen and get comfortable in the big leagues.

That could all change, but I don't see us dealing Vargas at this point. It's possible he gets shifted to the pen since he has such a power arm.

Yo laboring a bit, all of a sudden having trouble finding the zone, up around 100 pitches though too.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived