Brewer Fanatic

4/14/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Cardinals (Wells): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

also, to show the ruling from yesterday's IGT, thanks to brewers.com:

Up in the air: Capuano, the Brewers' union representative, said he had not heard anything about rescheduling Friday's rainout. The Brewers only travel to St. Louis one other time this season, from July 27-29, and both teams are off July 30.

But adding a game that day would mean the Brewers would play 27 consecutive days coming out of the All-Star break. The basic agreement says teams should not be scheduled to play more than 20 consecutive days, and it was Capuano's understanding that Brewers players would get to vote on whether to accept adding a game.

"They haven't said anything to us yet," Capuano said.

Quote:
BRING HIM UP

No thanks. Errors kill teams, period. No matter how great he has been hitting in AAA, he won't make up for errors with his bat as a rookie.

At the same time, I hope he can get the E's fixed because he is going to be a great player and would make our infield one of the most talented in baseball.

Quote:
I think Ryan was just getting the error out of the way so he could hit a 3rd homer in the game

It's scary how well some posters here know the Milwaukee Brewers and their satellites.

Hey kids! This is Soup, and this is my friend, Scooter! A changeup is a fastball that goes realllly reallly slloooooowwwwww.

That randomly popped in my head from the NLCS and I thought I should share it.

Does Yo come up this year at all, or is he in AAA all year?

Probably depends how well he does, and how healthy our staff stays. If there are no injuries, and everyone's doing a good job, then there's far less pressure to bring him up. If someone goes down, obvoiusly that speeds things up. At the very least I'd assume he'll be up when rosters expand.

Quote:
Does Yo come up this year at all, or is he in AAA all year?

Just a guess, but unless one of our starters gets injured or falters, I think he'll be in AAA all year but could come up to be in the bullpen if there is a playoff run

In 3 ABs for Jenks he's seen a total of 7 pitches.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
Vargas will be dealt at or around the deadline and Villanueva will take a couple starts in his place while Yo gets himself set for a rotation spot in Milwaukee.

Interesting. I'd prefer to keep Vargas. You can never have too much pitching especially with Sheets only under contract through '08 . What would we get for Vargas that would be better than having 7 or 8 legit starters?

edited for punctuation

Archived