Brewer Fanatic

4/14/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Cardinals (Wells): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From today's game preview on brewers.com:

Player to watch

Philosophical question: If you're left out of the lineup and they don't play the game, were you left out of the lineup at all? Maybe Bill Hall mulled that question on Friday night, after the rainout. Yost had planned to leave Hall on the bench for what would have been the second straight game, going instead with Gabe Gross in center field. Hall has been slumping, batting .194 overall with one hit in his last 16 at-bats. He's only 3-for-24 (.125) lifetime against Wells.

I'm a bit surprised that Counsell isn't playing vs the right-handed pitcher.

I am betting that maybe Hall has a minor injury that they are healing up. Of course, since he's Bill Hall, Superman, he can probably hit HR's from the bench

I am betting that maybe Hall has a minor injury that they are healing up.

I really doubt there's any injury. Yost is just sending an early message to Hall that his overall game must improve and that he is better than he is playing. He's cost us multiple outs on the bases and made many miscues in CF already. A little has to do with his struggles at the plate, but more has to do with his struggles in the field and on the bases.

I don't necessarily agree with Yost, but this will probably be his last game off for a while. Plus Gross is a stud. I'm not too worried.

Doc, you may be right, but I hope not. I would argue that it's more important to put arguably our best player in the lineup to win games and so he develops a groove, instead of giving teams a look at Kevin Mench just so we can get a B level prospect instead of a C level prospect for him at the deadline. Not to mention, teams already know what Kevin Mench can or cannot do by now, he's not some obscure unknown.

Really.... how long has it been since we've had backups good enough to cause a debate over playing time... shows the teams improved depth if nothing else. In past seasons if the starters were in a slump they were still better than the backups.

Could have a lot to do with Suppan being on the mound. He a guy who pitches to contact, not a big strike out guy. Plus with Suppan going against his old team, Yost may have wanted a solid defense behind him. At this point Hall's bat isn't making up for his play in the field.

I'm not sure why, but I really have no problem with this move at all. I was more offended early in the season when Yost sat Hart for two straight days.

So I just tried to get the 620 WTMJ stream, and an announcement comes on saying due to contractual problems, they won't be able to stream sporting events?

What the hell do I have to do, we have an AM/FM radio here but I know I won't pick up 620 in Milwaukee because the thing is a POS. Looks like I'm following gameday again.

yfinn, I'm pretty sure 620 never streams sports broadcasts, as MLB/NFL/NBA etc has official stream rights of games. Though, you can buy an all access pass on MLB.com which allows you to listen to any game on the radio, $14.95 for the season is not a bad deal if you can't find a radio that works.

Archived