Brewer Fanatic

4/14/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Cardinals (Wells): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB extra innings is free on Time Warner this weekend I believe, well, at least the Indians/Sox game is on right now.

According to the channel, the Brewers/Cards game is going to be on one of the channels. Will that be on in Milwaukee or is it going to be blacked out?

Quote:
Thanks to FSN, Mother Nature, MLB Extra Innings, and the Anti-Jeff Suppan crusade, I think I just realized that I have watched more Minnesota Twin games than I have Brewer games this year...........super!

lol, you must live in the Eau Claire area or along the border somewhere. I know exactly what you're going through. I hate Minnesota sports.

It looks like I'll be able to watch because of that Xtra Innings preview and am very happy. Feel bad for everyone who can't watch. Hopefully Suppan can get off to a better start than he has the first 2 games.

Are you saying the game will not be blacked out on Extra Innings? I also have Time Warner and might be able to take advantage of the free preview period.

By the way, is anyone in Wisconsin still interested in the Bucks? I am obviously biased, but FSN should bump them off the air and show the Brew Crew.

If you're in Wisconsin, the game should be blacked out. It's possible since the game is a late addition, someone may forget to flip a switch and we'd get to see the game, but I'm not holding out hope.

I'm confused, can someone explain the blackout situation to me? If the game is in St. Louis, why would it be blacked-out in the Milwaukee area? If it was a home game, I could understand, but why black out a game not in this area?

However, it will be on MLB.tv, somehow. I thought they basically had access to the FSN networks. And I thought In-Demand did the same, as in, if an FSN network had the game, they showed it. Apparently not.

FSN Wisconsin is so stupid and Im so frustrated that they are showing the loser Bucks in a meaningless game (unless you count losing to get more ping pong balls really that meaningful) instead of showing the Brewers. I mean I know the Brewers were supposed to be on at noon, but I bet you more people would watch the Brewers game then the Bucks game tonight.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
FSN Wisconsin is so stupid and Im so frustrated that they are showing the loser Bucks in a meaningless game (unless you count losing to get more ping pong balls really that meaningful) instead of showing the Brewers. I mean I know the Brewers were supposed to be on at noon, but I bet you more people would watch the Brewers game then the Bucks game tonight.

Unfortunately they have these things called contracts that require them to show the Bucks' game.

Regarding the blackout games on Extra Innings, I think I have figured out reasoning behind there actions. Basically, it's all about money. FSN Wisconsin has paid for the exclusive rights to broadcast Milwaukee Brewer games in there market. Because of this no other feeds of the brewer game can be televised, even if FSN Wisconsin decides not to televise the game.

The only reason WMLW has Brewer games on is because FSN Wisconsin has an agreement with them, and they are only showing the games that FSN Wisconsin couldn't/wasn't going to show. Tonight's game would have been on WMLW if this was the original start time.

And why is this the first year that that contract has cause us to miss half of the Brewers' April games?

Because this is the first year they have had the WMLW and FSN contracts, like I said earlier. In the past, if there was a Bucks broadcast on a particular night, there was no Brewers one. Now, with the WMLW games, there are at times both teams being broadcast. Those games are only FSN games outside of Milwaukee. Really, they are intended to give people in Milwaukee the opportunity to watch the Brewers on over the air channels.

EDIT: Mad Hatter, your blackout explanation is correct, I think.

Quote:
And why is this the first year that that contract has cause us to miss half of the Brewers' April games?

Because this is the first year that all the Bucks games are on FSN. Previously, a portion of the games were on local channel 24 in Milwaukee. And during the Baseball season, they made an effort to ensure that when both teams were playing at the same time, that the Bucks were on the Local 24 instead of FSN.

Tonight we see how big of a big game pitcher Jeff Suppan is. Does he have what it takes to propel the Brewers into 1st place? Huge game tonight. The season hangs in the balance.

I'm only being half-sarcastic on this one, so I went with the teal font.

Because, as others mentioned, usually these Brewer games just wouldn't even be televised. I remember a few games from April last year I thought that were also pre-empted by previous Bucks games. Plus, looking at the Bucks television schedule, I think the schedule just fell this way in regards to home/away games. 8 of the Bucks last 11 games are home games, which are the ones (usually) televised by FSN. Last year I think the Bucks ended mostly on the road, which meant that FSN wasn't televising the games (as most road games are shown on UPN 24 in Milwaukee, IIRC) and were then free to show Brewer games.

Is it frustrating? Yes, sure, but the Bucks/Brewers snafu wasn't even supposed to happen today in the first place...we should be more upset at Mother Nature. If it's any consolation, there is only one more conflict date (this Monday), after today, which like I said, wasn't even supposed to happen.

Plus, "half" is an over statement.

As for blackouts, I'm assuming it will be blacked out, as have all the other games so far in Wisconsin (at least in the Apple-ton / GB market), but like someone said, sometimes with the game time being moved, perhaps we can hope that someone will forget to flip a switch.

Archived