But we in it shall be remembered-

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that (endures a Rickie Weeks four-pitch strikeout) with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in (Cudahy) now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon (Mother's Day 2008).

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And (Mother's Day 2008) shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remembered-

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that (endures a Rickie Weeks four-pitch strikeout) with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition;

And gentlemen in (Cudahy) now-a-bed

Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon (Mother's Day 2008).

*sheds tear*

I....I change my answer to yes...Yes.....YES!!!!

Once more unto the breach dear friends, once more

Wow... Henry V makes its way into this thread. I don't know what to say, aside from thank you BBTS!

I still optimistically vote Yes.

No Offense = No Playoffs

So... what happens when that offense reminds everyone that thinking they were 'done' was unwise? Ironically, I think that if anything can be said about this team it'd be that "No Pitching = No Playoffs"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Yes. Every single player is hitting worse than they will be by the end of the year. Even Hart, who has a great average and OBP, really isn't showing power. All this and we're only 4 games back. With three fourths of the year left I'm still holding out. This team can hit a hot streak that will change the way you view the world.

Yes.

Villy and Parra will figure it out, the rotation will stabilize, the hitting only has one way to go.

I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.

- Winston Churchill

If there's no hope we're just wasting our time, that's just not my way.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Even the optimistic preseason projections gave the Brewers a coin flip chance of making the post season. With the loss of Gallardo and the hot start of the Cardinals and Cubs, the chances are much smaller now. 20% maybe? I hope?

Even the optimistic preseason projections gave the Brewers a coin flip chance of making the post season. With the loss of Gallardo and the hot start of the Cardinals and Cubs, the chances are much smaller now. 20% maybe? I hope?

" Maybe" was not an option. Go on, Russ, pick one.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

wisconsinfan the only one to nail it so far.

No.

Not good enough pitching, in the rotation or the bullpen, to hold up for 162 games.

That's not a playoff recipe. And there's too much ground to make up with an in-season acquisition or two.

That said, I like the team. Hopefully the Crew stays in it for the long haul again, and with the right additions/luck can be a very serious division, even league contender.

If pressed for a Yes / No, I'll have to say 'no.' As much as I love watching him pitch, I not comfortable trusting Sheets to make 30+ starts. After Gallardo went down, I don't think they have the depth to absorb Sheeter being out of the lineup for an extended period.

...besides, it's much easier to predict failure and be pleasantly surprised by success than for things to go the other way.

If pressed for a Yes / No, I'll have to say 'no.' As much as I love watching him pitch, I not comfortable trusting Sheets to make 30+ starts. After Gallardo went down, I don't think they have the depth to absorb Sheeter being out of the lineup for an extended period.

...besides, it's much easier to predict failure and be pleasantly surprised by success than for things to go the other way.

Which is why I'm interested in those (myself included) who still believe we can make the playoffs. If we don't, then not only are you disappointed, but you are also wrong with the prediction. Dare I say that's the harder option to choose, then?

Archived