Brewer Fanatic

Cards on the table time

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No

Pains me to say it, but right now I lean no

With Yo gone and Yost going nowhere and the cold bats and Gagne blowing every other save and our starters having extreme difficulty pitching more than 5 innings, I just picture too big a hole being dug

No.

I know you don't want anything but a yes or no, but I feel the need to explain my position.

I don't think the Cards are as good as their record, I can't see that pitching staff holding up and half that lineup is hitting way over their heads. That said, they always seem to be in it in late August/Sept and I don't think this year is any different.

As much as this makes me ill to say, I think the Cubs are clearly the favorites and I could see them with a pretty sizable lead at some point. I don't think they're a lock, but I think they have the best shot, by far.

If the Brewers can somehow make a decent staff out of Sheets and Co, they can go as far as the bats will take them. I think this offense is going to be blowing pitchers away for a good portion of the season, we just haven't seen anything close to that yet. I'm of the opinion that this "team slump" will not continue.

As for the coaching staff, I don't know what to think. Yeah, a change could spark the team somehow and get them on track, but I also think a change could just as easily screw with the team even more. I agree with the notion that a coaching change won't happen any time in the next couple weeks. It's still too early in my opinion, though the clock is ticking. And it's only getting later and later.

No.

We were on the bubble with Gallardo and I think his injury probably hurt as much as any other player on the team going down could have. Our most important players were Sheets, Gallardo, Braun, Hart and Fielder and we had viable minor league replacements for the hitters. Sheets or Gallardo going down long term is a disaster. If Sheets misses any starts this year I just don't see our pitching holding up.

Archived