Brewer Fanatic

4/15/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Looper): 1:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game to watch. From the get-go, I thought we were going to jump all over Looper. After that, you could just tell Sheets was going to throw BP all day long. He didn't have his usual control or get his curveball in for strikes very much. Plus, Pujols was basically assured a HR today based upon his love for Ben Sheets on the mound.

An all around sloppy game, both in the field and at the plate. It's games like these that make me wonder why Braun is still in the minors. He can miss fly balls and make as poor of throws as Graffanino can.

Defense along with doing the fundamental and little things right, along with having a top 20 all-time power bat in Pujols, is what wins games for the Cardinals

We don't have a Pujols, but hopefully Fielder or Weeks or Hall or Braun (!) will develop into a top-flight power hitter, however if this young team doesn't learn to play great defense and do the fundamental things right, they aren't going to sniff the playoffs

You are honestly going to try to blame this game on Yost? Why because he let his ace throw to Spiezio? Sometimes the posts in this forum just make no sense to me.

If you want to blame someone for the loss blame the 3 runs Graffy let in and then blame Sheets for not having his good stuff. Those have way more to do with the loss than anything Yost did.

I haven't brought this up before, but I wonder if perhaps it might be time to see Braun. I like Gwynn, but he isn't playing much. Perhaps it's time to swap the two to add some punch to the offense.

As I type this, Tony gets a hit.

With the way this team is playing defense, I am not in favor of sending any player who is actually good at defense to AAA

Some of the players (like Weeks) are showing great improvement, but the fielding has been shockingly bad at times (way too often, put it that way) this year

Quote:
I cant see Hall being the worst player on that list.

If by "right now" you mean literally right now, April 15th, Hall is absolutely the worst player on that list. Hitting, fielding, baserunning.

Obviously that can, and should, change next week

By right now I meant to ignore "potential" and rank on current ability.

RyDogg, I assumed you meant to rank based on current performance, ie, who at this moment I would want up there with a runner on 2nd base.

Pretty sure they want Villanueva to get his innings in and with the rainouts and days off everyone is pretty fresh. Dessens is sort of that guy that only pitches when the bullpen gets stressed too much the previous couple of days.

Villanueva looks much more comfortable as a starter. Perhaps it might be a better idea to have Capellan instead.

Definitely. If Villanueva is going to be a starter, why wouldn't you just pitch him as a starter in AAA? It's a waste to have him be a garbage time pitcher.

Archived