Brewer Fanatic

4/15/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Looper): 1:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

This has got to be a learning experience for the new first base coach. He has got to remind the runners that Molina loves to throw to first.

Mistakes are killing us today.

Quote:
The Cards simply don't make these kinds of mistakes. They make an error and they buckle down.

That's where coaching comes in, in my mind. I dont think Yost should be fired for this in-game managing decisions. I am starting to think that he should be fired because the team is made up of mental midgets and I think that is reflection on Yost. Ever since he came to Milwaukee this team has been poor with RISP, made a lot of errors, physical and mental and have had TERRIBLE base running habits. All of that I think is a reflection on the coaching staff.

Let's think optimistically here. The team has played well the last few games, and they didn't play well today on the road against a tough opponent. We're still 3-2 on this road trip, which is much better than anything we did on the road last year. All we have to do is win one in Cincy, which is definitely feasible, and then we had a winning road trip, going into playing Pittsburgh at home.

So three fielding mistakes by the guy that everyone said Yost should be fired for not starting at 3rd and suddenly its his fault, I just don't get it.

Young teams make mistakes, its simply how it goes, its part of growing up at the major league level.

Sorry Ender, I didnt join in the Fire Yost for starting Counsell argument. However, Graffanino isnt the problem, the entire team sucks on defense, they always have.

And how do we explain the mental errors on the base paths?

And why do the Cardinals always seem to NOT have those problems? Well, for starters they have a HOF coach.

boy, the Cards sure are nickel and diming us to death with hit and runs and other small plays.

Not to mention gold glove type plays over the head of the outfielders continues when we really hit the ball hard.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The Cardinals build their teams around solid defense and fundementals. Its not just the coach its how they build it from the top down. I do think LaRussa is one of the best in the game though.

I just think people refuse to blame the players. I gaurentee you the coaches didn't coach Fielder to take a big lead in that situation, it was a mental mistake by Fielder.

Archived