Brewer Fanatic

4/15/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Cardinals (Looper): 1:15 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definitely one of those games where you want your ace to step up and dominate. You have a chance to take both games against the former champions and a division rival in their own park.

I want to win badly today and start building some momentum. The message should be that we can beat the best and we can win on the road.

Let's do it.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/JackieRobinsonLogo.jpg

Love to start the game with a double!

that's why I always was intrigued with him as a leadoff guy. He has the ability to take the typical "get-me-over" fastballs to the leadoff guy, and do something with them.

I wonder how often Rickey Henderson turned on the very first pitch of the game and hit it out of the park, given that it's usually a soft fastball.

Sheets excels at home day games. The shadows make his curve impossible to hit.

Here are his splits: Day: 1.96 Night: 3.17

Also, the Brewers roster page shows every player as #42.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Hopefully, Sheets' curveball finds the zone. My first impression is that the home plate umpire's strike zone might be slightly tight, especially on the lower boundary (knees), so far.

remember, if Ben's curve is caught at the knees, it crossed the plate around mid-thigh. With a heater, it likely crosses where it's caught, and that's pretty much all that Looper throws

Archived