Brewer Fanatic

What did Braun have in his back pocket last night?

kramnoj
I hadn't seen this before. Last night, there was a shot of Ryan bringing a piece of paper out of his back pocket. Anyone know what that was? Does he have a cheat sheet telling him where to stand against certain players? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows!

I believe they all do don't they?

Well at least the younger outfielders probably do. Someone like Cameron probably doesn't need one anymore.

I've seen Corey check his cheat sheet as well.

I believe they all do don't they?

Well at least the younger outfielders probably do. Someone like Cameron probably doesn't need one anymore.

I've seen Corey check his cheat sheet as well.

I saw Cameron checking his notes the other night.

Hall used one last year as well. With Hart using one too it must be a converted infielder thing. If they had grown up out there they would know which way the ball breaks and what not.

Thanks for the responses. For some reason I thought defensive positioning was given by signals, but it makes sense to have a gameplan in place.
Ed Sedar does still do some tweaking during games. You can see him waving players deeper, shallower, or side to side once in a while.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hall used one last year as well. With Hart using one too it must be a converted infielder thing. If they had grown up out there they would know which way the ball breaks and what not.

It's not so much about ball flight, but about where to position oneself for each hitter. Makes sense to have the cheat sheet, since it's easy to carry.

Yeah I agree with the above statement. With so many shifts being implemented (drastic or minor), it makes total sense. I've seen all three of our starters use them, plus plenty of other outfielders in the bigs. If I had to venture a guess I would say anywhere from 85 to 95% of outfielders use the card.

The the text question during today's TV broadcast confirms what's been said in this thread. The cards are cheat sheets prepared by Ed Sedar.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived