Brewer Fanatic

5/10/08 Cardinals (Piniero) at Brewers (Sheets): 2:40 PM CDT

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if there was a sign that said suicide squeeze and someone missed it I'm pissed at Yost because it was a stupid idea to begin with. If Hall just mistook the sign and ran on his own then at least I'm only mad at one person.

If executed, it would have been a great play. Miles would have never got there.

No really it would have been a play that happened to work, but even the announcers were saying it did not make sense. All you need is a sac fly. Why risk it in a tie game?

If (assumingly) Kendall doesn't miss the sign and drops down a bunt, then it's a great play. The squeeze is always a "horrible" play when it doesn't work.

Kendall can barely get the ball midway to the warning track on the fly so a sac fly is not likely.

At any rate it was a very ugly play, typcial of the way we've been playing lately.

Has Gagne pitched a clean inning yet this year?

The squeeze is a bad play regardless, the guy just gave up 2 BB to load the bases, you don't mess around hoping you get a pitch you can bunt.

No really it would have been a play that happened to work, but even the announcers were saying it did not make sense. All you need is a sac fly. Why risk it in a tie game?
With Kendall batting its a great call...if he gets the sign. Kendall hits a lot of groundballs.

Maybe Yost can actually start considering making a change at closer, rather than scoffing, tossing his head back, and calling anyone who thinks he should be removed as closer "ridiculous".

If Hall just mistook the sign and ran on his own then at least I'm only mad at one person.

Ennder -- Hall was standing at third -- he didn't have a sign to get, Sveum would have told him.

I don't think Hall screwed up.

An absolutely moronic call -- you should never call the squeeze after a pitcher loads the bases with 2 BBs.

Gagne can't get ahead of batters.

Archived