Brewer Fanatic

4/16/07 Brewers (Capuano) @ Reds (Milton): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed about Graffy. He might have a solid arm and ability to play SS and 2b, but he has very slow reflexes. Counsell is much more sure-handed.

And it sure is nice having a RF with range this year. The best part is that Jenkins' range is good for LF, even if it was poor for RF

Did Brian Anderson just say that not many left handers have a weak spot with their hitting down and in?

It could be a myth, but it's an accepted fact of baseball that lefties tend to like the ball down and in. No idea why that is.

I think Hart needs to practice finding the homerun wall a little better. He seems to think he is closer to the wall than he actually is. It's happened a couple of times already.

Holy cow is this Reds radio announcer bad. I'm not one to complain, but I can hear the gears grinding in his head before every call, either that or he keeps gasping inaudibly. Then Weeks homer call sounded like a fly ball! Just a monotone into left field he's going back, then he's looking up and it's a two-0 ball game. Good grief Vulcan's show more emotion than this guy.

Quote:
Holly cow is this Reds radio announcer bad. I'm not one to complain, but I can hear the gears grinding in his head before every call, either that or he keeps gasping inaudibly. Then Weeks homer call sounded like a fly ball! Just a monotone into left field he's going back, then he's looking up and it's a two-0 ball game. Good grief Vulcan's show more emotion than this guy.

+1. The guy sounds like a mongoloid.

This is kind of off-topic, but how many freaking times have the Reds made adjustments to their uniforms in recent years? It seems like they redo something every year...this year they change the lettering/number shape and put sleeves back on the jerseys (not that I'm complaining about these unis..I think they actually look pretty nice compared to the old ones).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived