Brewer Fanatic

They pull me back in.

Lets not kid ourselves here. Last night was a great win. I won't take anything away from that, but we still have played nothing but horrible, horrible baseball in the last few weeks and one win doesn't erase that.

To be so doom and gloomy, we are one, yes ONE game from being tied with the Pirates. You know, the supposed laughing stock of the NL Central? We still couldn't turn RISP into runs, our starters can't appear to get very long, and our power is down. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm far from drinking the blue koolaid again after such a depressing last couple of weeks. We are 11 - 17 in the last month, so there's plenty of things to be concerned about.

Lets not kid ourselves here. Last night was a great win. I won't take anything away from that, but we still have played nothing but horrible, horrible baseball in the last few weeks and one win doesn't erase that.

To be so doom and gloomy, we are one, yes ONE game from being tied with the Pirates. You know, the supposed laughing stock of the NL Central? We still couldn't turn RISP into runs, our starters can't appear to get very long, and our power is down. I'm cautiously optimistic, but I'm far from drinking the blue koolaid again after such a depressing last couple of weeks. We are 11 - 17 in the last month, so there's plenty of things to be concerned about.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4709/rachelgp6.jpg

Yeah I'm debbing downer. Just trying not to drink to much koolaid by one good performance. It was a great win, don't get me wrong, but we have some concerns. Lets just hope this smacked them out of their rut.

I'm really hoping that the walk-off win and the release of all that pent-up energy will invigorate the team to a big 12-2 win on National TV and, perhaps, get this team to loosen up and start playing up to expectations a bit more.

Otherwise, I agree, it was one win. Whoop-de-do. But it was a huge win.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I was born and raised in Wisconsin and graduated from UWM.

First come the Panthers with me. Once a Panther always a Panther.

I will always be a Brewer fan, if they go 62-100, or 100-62.

I will always be a Packer fan, if they go 0-16 or 16-0.

The NBA I couldn't care less about, so sorry Bucks, just don't like your style of play. Give me college hoops any day of the week.

And I'm already teaching my 2-year old daughter to like the Brewers, Packers, and Panthers.

Yeah I'm debbing downer. Just trying not to drink to much koolaid by one good performance. It was a great win, don't get me wrong, but we have some concerns. Lets just hope this smacked them out of their rut.

I guess it's glass half full versus glass half empty time again.

I prefer to look at the bad week we just had and not bail on the season as a result of it. We are a better team than we've shown in the last week - we just are. But let's not take anything away from last night's win - it was huge. To come from behind with the last out against a team that has been difficult for us to beat ever since we joined the senior league, and with the winning hit by a guy some would jettison, was something.

If you can't enjoy the highs, how do you know when there are lows?

Archived