Brewer Fanatic

5/9/08 Cardinals (Wellemeyer) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still at work, what's the crowd reaction

They started booing when Parra walked in the third run. It may have started earlier, I don't know. I finally had to mute the sound after hearing Schroeder say for the 57th time that, "... when the Brewers bust out of it, somebody is going to pay."

I guess the proper response would be "what crowd reaction?" Dead quiet for most of the game so far, with the exception of some loud boos when Manny walked in a run.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Haven't given them much to cheer for yet, but the booing was pretty heavy after giving up the run scoring hit to the pitcher and the walk to their #9 hitter.

Suppose to be full house all weekend with the half-price spring madness & dollar hot dogs and sodas.... maybe everyones at the concession stands.

Thanks guys

Your descriptions gave me a shiver, because I KNOW the quiet of a 35,000+ crowd at Miller Park...I've heard it far too many times during a late-season Saturday night uninspired loss.

Makes me sick all the way around that we're hearing it early on in what should be a very competetive year

Off topic: The Reds game got PPD and this was the Reds line up tho..

Cincinnati

AB R H RBI BB K LOB Season Avg

J. Hairston Jr. 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .345

R. Freel rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .304

C. Patterson cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .200

J. Votto 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .302

E. Encarnacion 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .258

A. Dunn lf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .219

J. Keppinger ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .292

P. Bako c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .310

M. Belisle p 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

Totals 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Yup, Corey Patterson batting 3rd.

Uppercut swings suck.

I think the Brewers should adopt the Willie Mays Hayes rule for a couple games. If anyone hits a ball in the air, they need to drop and give Ned 20 push-ups at home, on the spot.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Regarding crowd noise, the dam was about ready to break just before the lineout double play. And not in a good way.

That play could end up being a turning point in a lot of ways. Now the boys just need to find a way to score more runs than they have all week.

Will be interesting to be in the park tomorrow.

Archived