Brewer Fanatic

5/9/08 Cardinals (Wellemeyer) at Brewers (Parra): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow after seeing the guys in the 8th inning see 5 pitches and the first two batters in the 9th see two pitches I was going to turn this game off early. I'm glad I didn't and Rickie came through hopefully we can look back in a few months and see this as a win that helped to turn things around. We need our ace to come through tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear Yost after the game: "I told you idiots in the media that we were gonna come around... nothing is wrong... blah blah blah". I kind of wanted them to lose a few more so some changes could be made. Now everyone will "reset" and it will take another 3-4 losses for things to heat up again.

Can't just celebrate a great comeback win, huh? I get so pissed at so-called fans who want the Brewers to do badly just to fulfill whatever agenda they've got going.

I just got back from the game and the release of pressure after Weeks hit in the 9th was tangible, for both the players and fans. Here's to the start of the turnaround. Make it 2 in a row Benny!

The darndest thing; I'd just gotten home from work and saw the situation: bases loaded, two outs in the bottom of the 9th, Brewers down 3-2, Rickie stepping up to the plate...

...and my wife is SCREAMING at me because we had dinner reservations and the cab was already waiting downstairs. I'm ashamed to say, I missed the big hit. Just another minute or so...

But what a great, heartening result to come back to tonight.

"I'm just getting sick of embarrassing myself and letting my team down," Isringhausen said. "We should be five more wins in the win column in my mind, so we should be ahead in first place even more. But they can't keep sending me out there when I'm pitching the way I'm pitching. "We're going to have to figure out some kind of remedy. I'm sure that remedy will give me some time off and get somebody in there that can do a better job right now. ... I'm just pitching like a second grader."
From the AP recap.

Verified Member

I was at the game tonight and I spent the first 8 2/3 innings fuming mad and swearing that I would never follow this team again. I thought of the 26 years of misery and questioned why I even put up with this. I would have literally gone crazy on the venting thread tonight.

Anyway, by the time it was over, I lost my voice yelling and screaming in excitement.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

For the hell of it, I decided to put my 3 -0 record on the line yesterday...

the team plane landed from Miami after 3am!? nothing like a home game on a couple hours of sleep 14 hours after you got home for the first time in 11 days.

got great scalped tickets at face value in the 300 level... and to echo a previous statement, spent 8 2/3 innings hating the fact that I was there with the dead crowd. Piqued interest and decibel level with the runners on the corners / 0 outs episode, only to get punched down to the canvas again after picking myself up.

had my rally sweatshirt on for the first 2 outs of the ninth. JJ stepped in and I took my sweatshirt off, turned in rightside out and assumed spanking position. I had an mysterious calm when Kapler was up there, thinking he'd end it. Kendall, consummate pro.

what a rush.

2 - 0 at Miller, 2 - 0 at Wrigley

Mr. Kapler with a hit. I thought he wa soff the team it was so long since he played.
Must not have been paying attention. It was the 4th game in a row that he played, including a start on Thursday night. There's only one game in the entire month of May that he hasn't played.

Archived