Brewer Fanatic

4/17/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Reds (Belisle): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How can anybody say that they have no confidence in Cappellan. The guy was clutch last year. I have been in Arizona for the past 4 years and I will tell you that Aquino was not that impressive with his stint with the D-Backs.

Ned needs to have a quicker hook with his pitchers. We saw it Sunday in St. Louis and tonight, too. It cost us 5 runs just for Aquino to get 1 out. That's incredibly frustrating because it seemingly ruins the efforts of every other contributer with just a couple of pitches.

Wee Invader if you have another option, we would love to hear it. We had no one else up and we were trying to get to bow in the 8th, seeing that is our format for our bullpen.

Peavey, Halls error has nothing to do with a 5 run inning that cost us the game. Are we looking for beauty points and only losing by 3 runs?

Peavey, Halls error has nothing to do with a 5 run inning that cost us the game. Are we looking for beauty points and only losing by 3 runs?

Ah, so his error and generally terrible play in CF so far this year only matters if the game is within a run or two?

And here I thought the idea was to prevent the other team from scoring all the time....

(Unless there was someone else warming up along side Aquino while Shouse was out there....) In order for a pitcher to have been ready when Aquino started struggling, Ned would have needed to make a call to the bullpen when Aquino threw his first couple of pitches to his first hitter. I don't know any manager that would have done that. Can't yank Aquino unless there's relief ready.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Would've been nice if Jenks didn't lead off that inning by trying to hit a solo HR and flying out.

Nice play by Josh Hamilton to end the inning...I hate him for it tonight, but he's turning out to be a nice player.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If Wise isn't available tonight, Villanueava already used, and it being a 1 run ball game, why use another pitcher when Shouse got two out? I realize hind sight is 20/20 but Shouse was throwing well, and there was another lefty after the righty. Very unfortunate.

It's frustrating because we had been leading most of the game, a 5-2 road trip would have been sweet, along with coming home 3 games above .500, and because the game was lost by the efforts of one pitcher who only needed to record one out. Grr...

[ Anyone blaming Yost for the pitching does not follow the team and know who he had left. He was out of options and was trying to get to bow in the 8th. Get off the bridge and blame aquino for not getting an out. ]

I'm more of a homer than not, but this one's on Yost. The loss may be Aquino's, but the 4-run loss is Yost's.

Brewers77, there will never be a Yost move that you disagree with.

Then Elmer Dessens comes in and, of all people, actually retires Ryan Freel.

This is fantastic. I'm glad I listened to this game rather than played video games/read/punched holes in my wall with my bare fists.

...I forgot how to do blue text.

No Peavey you said tonight he cost us. What did he cost us? An 8-5 loss? Oh well. He's going to make mistakes just like Rickie did last year. People will bag on him and then jump back aboard when he does something good. Its what we got so we need to live with it. I try to be a fan and look at things realistically. Some just love, then hate, and then love again. Just cheer for the brewers and take it easy on the blood pressure.

[ In order for a pitcher to have been ready when Aquino started struggling, Ned would have needed to make a call to the bullpen when Aquino threw his first couple of pitches to his first hitter. I don't know any manager that would have done that. Can't yank Aquino unless there's relief ready. ]

That's when it would have been appropriate to do the slow walk out to the mound and buy some time.

Archived