Brewer Fanatic

Who would you replace Ned with?

jjlong19
Not to retread the '82 Brewers again because I'm all for letting to of that team, (especially the throwback uni's on Friday night home games) but what about Jimmy Gantner. He's currently managing the Wisconsin Woodchucks (Northwoods League).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to retread the '82 Brewers again because I'm all for letting to of that team, (especially the throwback uni's on Friday night home games) but what about Jimmy Gantner. He's currently managing the Wisconsin Woodchucks (Northwoods League).

I don't want shoot down anyone's ideas that are willing to think beyond the obvious choices, but I'm up in Wausau where the Woodchucks play, and haven't seen anything special out of Ganter that would indicate that he is ready to take it to the major league level. He seems to be doing well with instructing these young college players, similar to helping as an instructor in spring training, but I can't foresee him being able to do anymore with the current players than Yost does as a manager. I'd think if he has major league potential he'd start working his way through the minor league coaching ranks. (Not sure he wants to manage beyond this level, this independant league thing only seemed to peak his interest because his son was on the team.)

My preference would be Don Money, but that would only make sense as on off-season change. So, my mid-season vote goes to Nick Leyva - he must of had some opposite thinking that got him removed from Yost's staff (only half kidding).

I know Gumby and he has zero interest in managing the Crew. He doesn't want to be tied down to a full time position. He is happy managing the Woodchucks for a few weeks a year and hanging out at Miller Park from time to time.

Archived