Brewer Fanatic

What do you do for a living?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<----------------Assembly for a manufacturer electrical and structural products for the aviation, medical, and other industry. Yeah, I build stuff for airplanes!

a friend of mine designs airplane seats.

JMF, i was English/PolySci, so i didn't take too many history classes at Platteville. all the best in your journalism career, that's a tough field. keep building those clips, they're far more important to employers than the actual degree. my first job i got because "I seemed like a nice guy," but the second one was based entirely on my clips. my background is trade magazines, but i'm trying to leave the editorial industry. currently i'm proofreading, which i'm finding takes a special mindset, one I do not have.

7th grade science teacher in Milwaukee. Where do you Geologist guys work for? I've always wondered about the field.

http://images.yuku.com/image/pjpeg/c7e150978069c53f4124cdb1be5d0bef5da9336.pjpg

This is the rig I was on last summer in New Mexico. I'm sitting on a rig outside of Moab Utah right now. Not a bad gig for a 25 year old single guy. I've been up and down the Rockies from Montana to Texas several times over. I get lots of downtime for hiking, fishing, biking, etc. and I get to go to see some of the most out of the way places. It's funny how the oil and gas are found in some of the most beautiful places in the US.

My job entails steering horizontal wells through payzones of coal, shale, sandstone, or in this case salt on the fly based on gas, gamma readings, rate of penetration, sample lithologies, etc. The 12 hours a day shifts for weeks straight suck, but the job has it's benefits ($$ and months straight of vacation time).

Was this a pun?

Look, you guys can make fun of it as much as you want, but without the riffs, the adult film industry quits being an outlet for artistic expression, and instead becomes a dearth of recordings of people intercoursing.

(I don't do puns, unless they happen)

Maybe they could make intercoursing make artistic, make it more like a dance or a play. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Or how about intercoursing to classical music?

<---Printing Industry, I work in the Bindery as a machine operator. I am going to school for printing at FVTC. I hate every moment of it.

I just can't imagine doing it for another 50 years. Well, I guess I can't imagine doing anything for that long, but I want something new, I have no idea what but something different. I've tossed around becoming anything from a Librarian to a Teacher to a Nurse to a Hobo.

<----------- store manager of a large retailer based out of Menomonee Falls. Just got in 1200 units of Brewer merchandise during a 6 game losing streak. How is that for timing ?

By chance, are you working at Kohl's? I went there yesterday and it was covered in Brewer stuff.

<---Printing Industry, I work in the Bindery as a machine operator. I am going to school for printing at FVTC. I hate every moment of it.

Are you in Wisconsin? I'm in publishing and one of our main vendors for rebind textbooks is there.

schlitz, I'm extremely jealous that you are living near Moab. I love that area. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could get a job.

You job sounds pretty neat, too.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived