Brewer Fanatic

Vitamin C

I can't stop eating oranges or eating anything with a high concentration of vitamin C... I just ate 3 oranges now. I'm not trying to be health conscience, it is just something I've been craving for a month. Is something wrong with me? Maybe I'm getting into the Carlos Zambrano diet?

Oh yeah, I'm a male and not pregnant.

It's possible that you're just craving it a bit - I have always been a big, big citrus eater myself. I'll fly through a bag of oranges/grapefruit/etc. super fast. Anything with lots of acid, basically.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, because you're getting your fill of Vitamin C now if you're eating a lot of oranges. Since Vitamin C is a water soluable vitamin, any extra that your body doesn't use just passes through.

you could very well just have been lacking Vitamin C for a while in your diet, which is why you're craving it now. i've had similar cravings when i hiked and could go a long time without getting a balanced diet. likely you'll keep up your cravings for a little while yet until your body catches up, then it will slowly go away.

Archived