Brewer Fanatic

Is Bill Hall a "Roger Dorn"-clone?

He was given a big contract by management and has yet to live up to the pay (his contract was based on Jose Reyes' deal which was struck the previous season). His defense at third just makes me think he doesn't want to hurt the "money maker." I could be wrong, and I hope I am, but he just completely underwhelms me, and I think someone needs to light a fire under him.

First of all, what do you mean by "moneymaker"? I thought that usually referred to the butt, but that doesn't seem to be what you are going for here.

2nd, his contract is hardly exorbitant and I think he deserves a bit of a break on defense because he hadn't played the infield in a year. I think his D will come around and be average or so.

What I meant by "moneymaker" was that he could have dove at the ball today, and on a few other occasions when he half-hearted and haphazardly swiped at passing grounders. And as for his contract, it isn't so much about the price as it is the comparisons for others who signed contracts around that time. Ben Sheets is a perfect example. Unfortunately, he signed his deal with the club around the same time as Johan signed his deal, for a comparable salary and the same amount of years. Thus, I have always compared our ace to the great Venezuelan.

Verified Member
I don't think his 3B defense is that horrific. Remember the alternative... Braun aka worst defensive 3B ever.

Rp

His defense has been pretty good, actually.

This is a really weird thread.

Archived