Brewer Fanatic

Jim Edmonds time may be up

Tim Sullivan of the san diego union tribune speculates that Edmonds will likely be released or sent to the DL by the end of the weekend. Edmonds is currently hitting .180/.267/.236 his defense which was not very good last year for a center fielder has not gotten any better. The Padres owe a remainder of 4.75 million from the 6 million dollar's they owe him, the Cardinals picked up 2 million of his 8 million dollar salary.

but who would they give up? Trading TGJ to the Pads makes sense, but only if the Brewers get something worthwhile and I'm not sure the Padres would give anything that fits that description up for him.

but who would they give up? Trading TGJ to the Pads makes sense, but only if the Brewers get something worthwhile and I'm not sure the Padres would give anything that fits that description up for him.

Depends on where the Padres are and when the trade happens.

Not to turn this into a trade discussion but, I could see if the Padres are really desperate and it looks like they are not going anywhere I could see a Chris Young for a Tony Gwynn and Gamel trade. This would also depend on where the Brewers are sitting if we are still in it this trade would be good. It would be good if we weren't in the race for a playoff spot. We would probably also get a throw in player and there would be another minor league player in the deal also from the Brewers.

Chris Young has pitched like a staff ace the last couple of seasons. Sure he has a huge fly ball rate, which if he did not call petco park home would add alot of homeruns, and he has not pitched a ton of innings. Mat Gamel, and TGJ would not be enough to get him though, and I doubt the Padres are going to be shopping him anytime soon.

The Padres apparently have had discussions about TGJ, there have been plenty of rumors. The Padres have some nice bullpen arms, but Melvin has made a bullpen that is hard to add and subtract from, so it would be hard to add in pieces. I could see adding a pitching prospect or two, someone like LeBlanc or Josh Geer.

Chase Headley or bust.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

"Gwynn for Inman and Garrison! "

That would be funny.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

"Gwynn for Inman and Garrison! "

That would be funny.

I'd take either one. Gio Gonzalez moved into and out of the CWS organization a few times, so getting one back wouldn't be at all unprecedented.

Archived