Brewer Fanatic

Doug Davis beats cancer (Update Feb 2012: Still feeling great)

adambr2

With the bad news we have been getting in the world of baseball as Brewers fans, this is good news. Good for DD.

I 100% agree with this. This is the one bright spot in the season so far. Here's to hoping he stays truly healthy (as opposed to just baseball healthy).

Hopefully he'll go on and have a great season, thus adding more fuel to my "cancer makes you better at sports" theory (currently supported by Mario Lemieux, Lance Armstrong, and Josh Bidwell).

Hopefully he'll go on and have a great season, thus adding more fuel to my "cancer makes you better at sports" theory (currently supported by Mario Lemieux, Lance Armstrong, and Josh Bidwell).

Don't forget Mike Lowell and John Kruk. And the basketball player from Tennessee whose name escapes me right now.

• 2 weeks later...
call me when he beats cancer and throws a no hitter

you are SO buying every member on this board a beer when this happens.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• 3 years later...

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but Doug was in my school today. He visited with some students, toured the school (with wife and new baby). He spent about 10 minutes chatting with me. Signed a ball for my little girl and let me take a couple of photo's with him. I asked him how he was feeling, and he said great. Hoping that he gets a spring invite and go from there. I also thanked him for beating the Cubs for us in his Milwaukee years.

It was great. I tried hard not to act like a 12-year old girl.

I've updated the topic title to make it so nobody needs to be scared to enter. http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived