Brewer Fanatic

4/18/07 Pirates (Maholm) @ Brewers (Vargas): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let's hope we can get a win streak started while in first place. Both times this year (minus opening day, which I don't count) we've lost the following game after we took over first place.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I made the trek in from Chicago today to see the game, and what a ballgame it was. My MLBTV package doesn't do this park justice and really was itching to see this team play. Best game of the year IMO as far as clutch hitting (6 for 10 RISP) and lots and lots of hits from the Crew. Vargas was unbelievable. Bearing down with the bases loaded was awesome to see and definitely left me with a positive vibe from our supposed "#5" pitcher.

This got me to thinking....Ben Sheets is probably our "worst" starting pitcher right now. Cappy, Vargas, Soup, and Bushie are throwing the ball well. Who can disagree with that ascertion at this time?

Well,

It's always nice to see the Pirates lose. I could have lived with less Jason Bay action, but at least the scurvy cur Jack Wilson didn't rake.

That three-error half-inning was brutal; but frankly, the most irritating play for me was watching Nick Leyva wave around Bill Hall. We could see from the terrace level that that had 'out at home' written all over it. The Brewers were fortunate that the run wasn't needed in the end.

I used to hold my breath momentarily whenever a grounder was hit to Rickie at 2B. I pretty much don't have to do that anymore. It's now the same in CF, and I figure that some day I won't have to worry about every ball hit Bill's way. It'll work out.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
I could have lived with less Jason Bay action, but at least the scurvy cur Jack Wilson didn't rake.
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif
Quote:
the most irritating play for me was watching Nick Leyva wave around Bill Hall.
Yea, we were lucky too, that Hall didn't try to crash into Pitt.'s catcher (Paulino?) - that guy had Hall by a few. At the time, the fans around me were screaming at Hall to have hit the dirt, unaware that in addition to dirt, he'd be hitting shin guard, glove, shoulder, etc.

One fan even chided Hall after Estrada crossed the plate later ("See Hall, that's how you score!"), like it was Hall's fault Leyva (Weyvya?) sent him on a suicide mission!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

It's now the same in CF, and I figure that some day I won't have to worry about every ball hit Bill's way. It'll work out

But what's also been exciting is that he's made several catches that we haven't seen a CF make probably since the days of Marquis Grissom. Well, I guess Hammonds was good out there, he just was never healthy.

Archived