Brewer Fanatic

5/8/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Marlins (Hendrickson): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

If hes available, Ned should have put him in, instead of TGJ

It's important to keep Gwynn fresh. Plus, he had the platoon advantage, so he should be expected to do better there than Hart. Plus he's some qual----

Ahh hell. I can't keep a straight face. There is absolutely no explanation whatsoever. Yost is insane.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This copyrighted telecast was brought to you by the authority of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club and may not be reproduced or retransmitted in any form and the accounts and descriptions of this game may not be disseminated without the express written consent of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club....and why would you?"

Hahaha...did Brian really just say that?

I hate JJ hitting before a pitcher. I hate the pitcher batting eight. I hate a lot of things about this team now. But hey! I had a great steak dinner tonight with family and some good red wine.

Yost ain't going anywhere soon. It's simply the players fault. Yost cannot be faulted for the players hitting and pitching so poorly. Too many guys are just not playing to expectations at all.

I hate JJ hitting before a pitcher. I hate the pitcher batting eight. with family and some good red wine.

Ditto! Bat Kendall 8th. Bat your worst hitting guy 9th ... Weeks or the pitcher.

You know what else? This is the time could lose his job with a bad weekend against STL and they'll win 3 of 4 to string us all along

See that's just it. If Doug Melevin is sitting there right now thinking if we lose 3 of 4 to St. Louis then Ned is gone, then why wouldn't you pull the trigger now? If you have those kind of doubts about your manager haven't you already admitted he's a problem?

Do you guys recall what Ron Wold did after just one 8-8 season under Ray Rhodes. He saw the team's discipline in decline and he acted immediately.

I hate JJ hitting before a pitcher. I hate the pitcher batting eight. with family and some good red wine.
Ditto! Bat Kendall 8th. Bat your worst hitting guy 9th ... Weeks or the pitcher.

HA! nice.

ok here it is. i think i found it. a silver lining.

a 3 game road series against, yes, a very good team.

the way we're playing, we would have lost to washington, pittsburgh, the mudhens, the sounds... just about anybody.

it's nice to get these 3 in miami out of the way?

Yost ain't going anywhere soon. It's simply the players fault. Yost cannot be faulted for the players hitting and pitching so poorly. Too many guys are just not playing to expectations at all.

Are you kidding? Could it possibly be that the players receive no good instruction, preparation, discipline to help them improve as ballplayers? Every team we face appears to have a discernable approach at the plate and on the mound. Our players look like they're up there guessing. Believe it or not, coaching staffs are there to provide more than a lineup card. The Brewers have never fielded a team that improved fundamentally under Yost. Given that, is it such a leap to think he's poor at preparing them for an opponent?

It's only fitting that the last inning of our dismal roadtrip ends with an opposing player making a great play to take away a hit, followed by a strikeout and a weak fly ball out by one of our "better" hitters.....I've seen more of those three plays in the last few weeks than I can stomach.

A perfect clue that this coaching staff led by Ned Yost does a poor job preparing players is their track record under him against players making their debuts. That would require doing a little extra homework for Nedly. He's probably busy tinkering with his fantasy Nascar roster.

Archived