Brewer Fanatic

5/8/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Marlins (Hendrickson): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the longest losing streak of a team that went on to make the playoffs? Where would I find something like that?

I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that the Cardinals had two separate 8-game losing streaks the year they won the World Series. So there's always that.

Edit: In addition to the '06 Cards, the 2006 Dodgers, 2005 Padres, 2000 Mariners, and 1990 Reds also had 8-game losing streaks and still made the playoffs.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Wait a minute. Tell me you all just caught that bit by Trenni in which she said Ned keeps a calendar of the bullpen and when they appear and how many innings and when a guy appears two day in a row he gets highlighted so that Ned knows that if he uses them the next day, they will get rest after that. She then said that Ned NEVER uses anyone more than three days in a row and they always get two days rest if they go three in a row.

i was debating ponying up the dough for the mlb.tv package, but this team is making my decision pretty easy for me.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Just as a thought....

Do you think the fact that some players don't feel inclined to listen to their base coaches shows a lack of discipline from the team, and an imbalance of team control between player and coach?

Archived