Brewer Fanatic

5/8/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Marlins (Hendrickson): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O my goodness did Braun look silly there. No matter because it's not an error! Villy is not getting much help here. I'm sick of hearing about how much better the defense is, with error totals being offered up as proof. The defense is better but it is by no means good.

And some think Braun can play CF...

I don't know if he could ever be but that's not exactly fair after 35 starts in the outfield, or whatever it's been. That was a result of bad judgement, not lack of physical talent.

I think the people who voted, "yes, this team will contend for a playoff spot" in the poll on the main forum might want to re-think their position.

Given our current rotation, we would probably need to average 5.5+ runs per game the rest of the year to make the postseason. That isn't happening.

On the bright side, that certainly could've been worse. It's nice to see the real Wes Helms shows up every once and awhile.

Edit: Just how many chances are the Brewers planning to give the Marlins to turn a 5-4-3 DP?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I think it's safe to say your offense is sputtering when your pitcher has been your best hitter on the night. Congrats to Villy on doubling his career hit total, though. Only 2,996 until he gets 3,000.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived