Brewer Fanatic

5/8/08 Brewers (Villanueva) at Marlins (Hendrickson): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Wow, that's a horrid lineup.

fixed it for you.

it would be nice if we could at least show some signs of life tonight. i'm all for shaking up the lineup for a period. i'd love to see Ned put Cameron #1 and move Rickie down, but i think we all know that won't happen.
"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What? Kapler and Rivera have as many HR combined as Fielder and Hart.

Kapler + Rivera > Fielder + Hart

That's the kind of crazy logic that just might get the Brewers over this hump!

Remember all those games (especially in Houston) where they had the bases loaded and never scored in those innings. Add in the solo HR's and you have a not so bad looking OPS yet under an performing offense and a losing record.

You have it completely backwards. Because of how well they've done w/RISP, the Brewers have actually scored more runs than their raw productions suggests, not less. But because their team OPS is so bad, all that "clutch" hitting still still hasn't raised the run production to even average.

I'm fine with the lineup. For everybody who wanted Yost to shake things up, well, they are shaken up.

The only downside in playing in front of the rabid dozens in Florida is that the FSN mics can actually pick up the sound of Ted Simmons thinking. It sounds like "ohhhhmmmmmmmm". Either that or I need a new TV.

I'm fine with the lineup. For everybody who wanted Yost to shake things up, well, they are shaken up.

I don't think by "shake things up" people wanted both Fielder and Hart sitting. Then again at this point will it make that much of a difference? Unfortunately Hart will be the only right-hander off the bench, assuming Ned won't want to use Kendall. I can't wait to see both Counsell and Gwynn get at bat's tonight!

Shake things up yes, but by taking out our best three OBP guys....seems like a strange messsage. Didn't Billy Hall used to hit really well when he used to play pepper with the RF wall? What happened to that?

Considering Hart is 0-6 in the series, and has played in every game this year so far, it's time for a day off.

Prince, there is a lefty going tonight, he hasn't had a RBI in seven games now, and you probably don't want to rest him against the Cards or Dodgers or Red Sox, so...why not tonight?

And like Glennron said, is it really going to make that much of a difference anyway?

Who knows, you give a couple of bench guys a chance tonight, maybe they can get this ship going again.

Yeah, shake things up means to have Hart lead off or try J.J. at #2 or have Cameron lead off or something. Shaking things up doesn't mean to bench the guys that are struggling the least.

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

I guess I'd rather give Hart a rest against a lefty and play a Dillon or a Kapler, instead of against a righty with Gwynn playing.

(Disclaimer: I do like Gwynn, but I like Dillon and Kapler at the plate a little bit more at this point in time, in their respective careers.)

Free Gamel and LaPorta.

Only thing is neither one is going to sit on the bench and back up Fielder. I can't imagine Dillon is that much worse than the backup first baseman on most teams. Now if you highlighted "third-hole hitter Joe Dillon" you'd have my support. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived