Brewer Fanatic

4/19/07 Pirates (Duke) @ Brewers (Suppan): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Ned must really want to get Hart home. I would have thought he planned on saving the pen. Of course, maybe an idea would be to do a double switch next time with Gross in LF for Mench, batting 9th

I thought going to Villanueva made a lot of sense, for the exact reason that Doug articulated above...good chance to get the kid a stretch of innings and some experience. But I just don't get this pinch-hit decision and the subsequent pitching change it will require.

I still need we need to able to put these games away by this point so that we can save our relievers. If we just had one more run, I bet Villy would still be in. Now that TBow is in, he may be doubtful for tomorrow or if he comes in, he may be less effective.

I am sure Ned factored in the fact we have Sheets on the mound tomorrow which means the game will be out of reach by the 5th anyway because he's a loser, unlike Jeff Suppan.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived