Brewer Fanatic

New strategies to try to save the season?

Any ideas to save the season? I think right now you have to go with using Bush and Parra as your 4th starter. Let one start, but let that guy know he's only going 5 innings no matter what and that the other guy is going to come in after that to finish the game. We'd have to call up Weaver/Naverson and he'd probably get his brains beat in, but I have to think that's better than getting the last two spots in the rotation losing and not getting out of the 5th inning.

Of course this would only work if Villy can right the ship and start pitching better/deeper, but I don't rally have any other options right now, cause what there are doing isn't working. They need to shake something up.

I would do whatever it takes to get the batters to start hitting as they were expected to. That would guarantee another 83 win season.

Unless the Brewers get pounded by the luck stick soon, they are in big trouble. No magic pill to bail them out.

pogo - i don't like nachos that much. i prefer dip n dots and brats. and soda verses beer. I'm kind of odd that way.

as for a new strategy, how about making a trade in May rather than waiting for the trade deadline in July? that would be something totally bizzarre and different for a GM to recognize a problem and take immediate action to fix it rather than the tried and true let's see how this goes approach. I've seen the let's see how this goes approach used for 30 years. I've never seen it actually work in any of those years.

here's hoping the brewers make a dramatic move before Memorial Day. if the brewers have any hopes of trying to win a division or a world series, they have got to become RISK takers. Standing pat is not going to get it done. Finishing third is no longer acceptable. to offset their small payroll and small market, they must be RISK takers. they were RISk takers when they signed Gagne. they must be willing to take a risk once more.

Take Zito off the giants' hands before they realize he has regained his stuff. obtaining Zito would cost the brewers a lot less in talent than going after Cain or Linceum.

Zito hasn't been average in at least two years, and he has the worst contract in baseball. No thanks.

I honestly don't really even see a solution. What could they possibly do to kickstart the offense? Switching Braun and Fielder in the lineup didn't matter. Switching Hall and Hart in the lineup didn't matter. Outside of promoting Branyan or getting Joe Dillon more playing time, I don't see much--and neither of those two moves would make much of a difference anyway.

Take Zito off the giants' hands before they realize he has regained his stuff. obtaining Zito would cost the brewers a lot less in talent than going after Cain or Linceum.

And how much would the Giants be willing to pay out of Zito's contract in this scenario?

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Let's see what happens until then and watch to see what progress Carlos V and Parra make. If at the all star break we are still stuggling mightily I say trade both Sheets and Fielder for as much pitching as possible and try to rebuild this team around pitching. It doesn't have to be deep rebuiding but try and get as many young solid arms in the system as possible. LaPorta isn't too far away and this team as it is currently constructed will never win anything above 2nd place in the NL Central.

Move Hall to SS play Dillion at 3rd, move Hart up to leadoff. There seems to be a lot they can do, but they don't seem to be doing anything. They've got pieces, they should do something with them. Everyday it's the same lineup. They need to do something.

Community Moderator

we need to have a dugout fight between our hothead pitcher (if we have one) and our catcher (Kendell). Then Ned Yost needs to vehemently argue a play at third and get tossed and making a spectacle of himself.

This will guarantee a change in the team's attitude that will easily carry over to a complete turn around in our season. Division title here we come!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

i don't like nachos that much. i prefer dip n dots and brats. and soda verses beer. I'm kind of odd that way.

The thing about dip n dots is, it has been dubbed the "ice cream of the future" for 20 years. In that time the future didn't arrive? I certainly don't hope we have to wait that long for the Brewers future to show up . I guess the best strategy at this point, for me personally as a fan, is to find away to still enjoy Brewers baseball for 2008. In lieu of the high expectations I had entering the season that may be difficult to do. I have been finding ways to do it for... well, 20 years. Maybe next year the future arrives for dip n dots and the Milwaukee Brewers? In the mean time I will continue to eat all the soft serve ice cream I can get and keep checking the box score everyday. So this year I plan on watching for further development from Villanueva and Parra. Maybe Jeff Weaver will make a feel good story? I will also keep my eyes open for some of our underachievers to show signs of humbling, I am a firm believer that perhaps some of our young ball players are learning a very valuable lesson so far this season. Too bad it is going to take to long to sink in.

For on the field, how about this: Mark A calls them all out and then they rally just like in Major League and win the whole...

and I would take the Italian sausage and take soda too.

Perhaps not using a lead off hitter with a buck ninety average would be a thought.

Maybe changing up your closer who has almost as many blown saves as saves would be good too.

A new coach. Sorry, "coach-ie".

Add a Bocha Brat to the sausage race. Prince will like that.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

Please, no Weaver. Seriously, pretty please?

A 6.20 ERA over 147 IP (half at Safeco) last year, and 5.76 ERA the year before (despite spending half the season getting help from Dodger stadium) says he's toast. Might as well see what Jose Lima's doing if we go that route.

The first SP called up, should it be deemed necessary, really needs to be Mark DiFelice.

The thing about dip n dots is, it has been dubbed the "ice cream of the future" for 20 years. In that time the future didn't arrive?

I don't want to rain on the Dippin' Dots parade (The Onion didn't), but Miller Park now sells Ittibitz, which is either a Dippin' Dots knockoff or a far superior product, probably depending on whether you work for Kemps.

Moving back toward the original topic...get some of those 20-sided dice, and roll them to determine batting order, rotation, everything strategic. Could the results be worse?

A bit more seriously, I'd look at moving Corey to leadoff, at least temporarily. And hypnosis for every player. "You can throw strikes....You can last through six innings effectively...You can hit for average, yes, even with RISP."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Ned needs to move Cameron to the lead off spot. He takes just as many if not more pitches than Weeks. So why not put him at the lead-off spot? Cameron still has the speed that your looking for in that position anyway.Then move Hardy to the 2 spot in the lineup. He is a fastball hitter and will see alot more of those at the 2 spot in front of Braun and Prince. Move Rickie down to the 7 spot were he will get something to hit. Plus it will be nice for him to take some walks and get hit by a couple down in the lineup.Plus you will have some speed down in the lineup as well... Put Kendall at 8 and the pitcher at 9. Your not going to move Braun or Prince. I would say put Hart at lead-off, but Hart is the only one hitting above .300 and he is pertecting Prince and doing a goo job so far. Hall is fine a the 6. You could swap him and Weeks if you wanted...

I dont get how Yost changed the lineup so much last season and got good results, but he doesnt change the lineup when we can hit worth a crap!!! That guy makes no sense...

The lineup needs to be..

Cameron

Hardy

Braun

Fielder

Hart

Hall

Weeks

Kendall

Pitcher...

That is the only way this lineup will wake up!!!

Weeks needs to be taken out of the leadoff spot. I watched the game yesterday and Brain Anderson made a good point. He mentioned how "Weeks 5 HR's have all been bombs" no question HR's"! That made me think. You think he might be swinging a little too hard and needs to concentrate on making contact Mr. Anderson??? Move him!

Do what I do when I am getting killed in a sports video game, hit the reset button.

Getting Weeks out of lead off would be a start. Then, according to my 2 year old, getting some pants on the sausages in the right field fun zone would help.

Shuffling the order of the lineup is not going to make any difference worth noting. The simple fact is that the majority of the lineup isn't hitting. Changing the order in which they don't hit won't help.

Archived