Brewer Fanatic

5/7/08 Brewers (Bush) at Marlins (Badenhop): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hall needs a day or week off. pathetic plate discipline.

The outcome was bad but that was a good AB.

i didn't think a K with two runners on would ever be considered a good AB. start earning it out there.

Memo to 2008 Brewers pitching staff:

It has come to our attention that a motivational flyer reading "If one home run is good, two is better!" was inadvertantly placed in the mailboxes of all members of the Brewers roster prior to embarking on the current road trip. It was intended that this flyer only be distributed to position players, but an office intern misunderstood his instruction to distribute the flyer to "hitters". Please disregard the flyer. We apologize for any confusion this incident may have caused.

Ned and Jim

This game is a perfect picture of the career of Dave Bush

Cruise quickly through some innings and not allow baserunners, but then the inevitable walk, bloop hit or two, maybe a hit batter, bam he hangs a slider or serves a 87mph fastball right over the middle that gets destroyed and suddenly he's given up 4-5-6 runs.

Bush sure is frustrating to watch because he can look so good in starts, but he can't avoid giving up bombs or gappers after he puts a guy or two on base.

I need to ask Brian for permission to post a poll --

Honest question -- will the Brewers be over .500 again this season?

I think we're 4-5 games under by the end of this month. So I guess, no, they will not.

It's bad when my girlfriend who knows nothing about baseball can identify that Bush should just pitch 5 innings... When will Yost see that? I'm done with him as manager. He's been inept long enough.

i didn't think a K with two runners on would ever be considered a good AB. start earning it out there.

Regardless of the outcome that was one of Bill's most patient AB's of the year. The type of AB that all the Brewer hitter's should employ. He also took pitches in that AB he didn't swing at. Do you give him no credit for having a good eye?

I can't wait to see Ned step up to the podium after the game, look right at the camera, and say with complete sincerity, "Boy, their pitcher sure threw well. He was just on his game. You have to give him credit."

Regardless of the outcome that was one of Bill's most patient AB's of the year. The type of AB that all the Brewer hitter's should employ. He also took pitches in that AB he didn't swing at. Do you give him no credit for having a good eye?

no. not when he swings at one that was nearly in the dirt. but maybe it's just my overall bad brewers mood i'm in. not very forgiving right now.

it is nice to see weeks putting some wood on the ball tonight, for more than one at bat.

This may be true, but the fact is that he fouled two meatballs he should have jacked.

Archived