Brewer Fanatic

5/7/08 Brewers (Bush) at Marlins (Badenhop): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Verified Member
Well, I think it's time to at least try something different with the lineup. We can't do any worse offensively.

Our forfeit lineups worked last year. I think we should try that.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Looks like it's about time for me to leave work.

I very much enjoyed getting paid to follow the game for the last 80 minutes, but it's time to get stuff done.

Pvt. Joe Bowers: I just need you to tell me how to get to the time machine.

Frito: Oh, that's easy. You go down by the museum and stuff... It's like- it's, like, by the museum... Sorta by... Actually, not really. More like on the street, you go, um... Wait, let me start over. Okay, you know where the time machine is?

If the Brewers do lose tonight, I pray that they don't score, for embarassment's sake. I have a feeling Hardy or Dillon will hit a cheap HR in the top of the 9th to make it 6-1 as opposed to 6-0.

Wow Bill... "That should be an infield hit"

2 seconds later after the hit was changed to a error.

Bill: "good call, he didnt use his feet so much"

WEEKS!!!!!!! Now Fielder and Hardy have to go deep for my prediction to be right!

Wow, that was a bomb from Rickie. I woke up because my mouth hurt from my freakin' wisdom teeth and decided to turn on the game and they score. Maybe I'll stick around for a minute or two.

Gee, who would guess, a line-up full of strike out hitters might go on a long slump?

Well I appreciate the contribution of statistics to the game, the one stat-based wisdom thing I completely disagree with is ignoring strikeouts. While it is true that a strikeout has the same outcome affect as any other out, that ignores that possibilities of all that occur upon contact before the outcome is determined: it can be an out, a hit, a homer, a sacrifice advancing a runner, or an error. When one strikes out, the outcome is guaranteed to be an out (unless catchers drops it), while when one makes contact, there are numerous possibilities short of a sure out (including an error, which turns a near sure out into a base runner). Off my soapbox.

Gee, who would guess, a line-up full of strike out hitters might go on a long slump?

Well I appreciate the contribution of statistics to the game, the one stat-based wisdom thing I completely disagree with is ignoring strikeouts.

Either show some evidence or don't state it as fact.

Thanks.

While it is true that a strikeout has the same outcome affect as any other out, that ignores that possibilities of all that occur upon contact before the outcome is determined: it can be an out, a hit, a homer, a sacrifice advancing a runner, or an error.

So a guy who strikes out doesn't have his hits and HRs count? Huh?

We've gone through this over and over again. An average strikeout is a little worse than a normal out.

Archived