Brewer Fanatic

4/20/07 Astros (Albers) @ Brewers (Sheets): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know...anyone can make those moves I think...he just setup the lefty/righty and righty/lefty matchups.

Quite frankly, I don't care what Capellan's been doing with his tantrums after finding out about being sent to AAA, whatever it takes to get Aquino in another state.

I think the Aquino project in key situations is over. At least this is happening early in the year instead of later. There are always a couple roster changes within the organization throughout the year because someone is struggling.

Yost made a huge mistake. Maybe he will learn from it. If not, we may need to make a Harvey Kuehn-Buck Rodgers move if he continues to do this.

Gotta pin this one on Ned. Go to. Absolutely. Why go with Aquino in that situation.

That is one game Ned has cost us this season. We'll add 'em up and see where we are at, at the end of the season

I'm going to bed and first thing tomorrow I am going to log on to brewerfan.net and I am going to see a thread that says something to the degree of "Aquino DFA'd; Cappelan called back up!" and then everything will be OK.

... I hope.

I really wish Aquino would be out of here tonight.... but of course it won't happen because Ned thinks "he has it".

Though he appeared to "have it" the other day in Florida. Rather to my surprise, but still.

I suppose there are D-backs fans chuckling over this.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Agreed...I've questioned some of Yost's moves in prior seasons, but this was the first time this year I really think he made the wrong move...

Can't really fault anyone but Aquino or Yost.

Sheets did fine, kept us in the game, etc. Wise was fine. I don't think giving up a bunt single to Burke was grounds for pulling him immediately. But this is all easy to say when I'm not the manager. Unfortunately, physically Aquino's fault, strategically Yost's fault.

I am really not sure what folks would like Yost to have done, Cordero and Turnbow (I think) have pitched the last two days in a row, probably making them both unavailable, and especially Cordero in a non-save situation. I could see leaving Wise in, but he rarely goes two innings. Unless I am forgetting someone in the bullpen, would people like to have seen Dessens there? It is not like Yost has tons of options out there right now...

Yost made a huge mistake. Maybe he will learn from it.

Learniness is not one of Ned's tools. -- That is what concerns me -- It's the same stuff every year -- we are just doing it with better players.

He wasted Turnbow yesterday.

I thought he did well with the PHers and the bottom of the 9th -- that was all defensible.

And now saying he would have used Cordero in the 10th if the opportunity presented itself. Which leads you to the question...

WHY NOT USE HIM IN THE 9TH IN THE EXACT SITUATION YOU WOULD HAVE HAD, HAD YOU PLANNED HIM IN THE 10TH?

Cordero and Turnbow were both warming up and available. Tie game in the 9th, man on base, at home, you go with one of your top two pitchers

I'm concerned about this team building all the way up to a World Series contender and then having a manager who is clueless in the clutch. It is, (i believe) a legit concern

Since Cordero and Turnbow had pitched the last couple of days, today would've been the perfect time to DFA Aquino and bring up a fresh bullpen arm.

Heck, Shouse against a RH hitter might have been the way to go...

Whose day was it to get some side work in? Bush?

I dunno. I think Ned needs to be a little less organized in the pen. Wise in the 7th, Turnbow in the 8th, Coco in the 9th. Burning your 3 best relievers up every time you lead after 6 is crazy. He'll need Winklesas back at that rate.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

He should have Aquino's BA against with runners on. It's astounding over the last two years. Makes no sense to put him in there.

The team needs more than 3 reliable RP's, Yost is just trying to find another one. I don't really have any problem with him bringing in Aquino though I question leaving him in when the bases got loaded.

If the Brewers were a high school team then Geoff Jenkins dad would be calling Ned after the game about Geoff's being pinch-hit for. Also, Greg Aquino's mom would call Ned and say the she would only want Damian Miller catching him because Johnny Estrada gives the wrong target. Finally, Kevin Mench's dad would be going around the stadium trying to get people to sign a petition to fire Ned.

I'm with you AJ...and I'm not just saying that based on tonight or this season...I've been thinking that for a few years now, and I take alot of crap for it.

I know that every manager makes countless decisions each year that are easy for fans to criticize and monday morning quarterback about, but with Yost his bullpen management/use just seems off, somewhat frequently and I get the feeling as soon as I see a guy coming into a game. Like Aquino tonight, I don't know that there's many people that can justify bringing him in in that situation.

And for the record, both Turnbow and Cordero were shown warming in the bullpen, within 10-15 minutes of the 9th inning, so it's not like they warmed up then sat for a lengthy period of time where sitting would have been a factor.

I started a thread about this as well, but I think the Brewers need to carry another pitcher. We have had quite a few games already where we don't have anyone available because they have thrown the past two days. Send TGJ down, let him get regular playing time, and carry one more pitcher.

Jeez, we're this depleated in the pen and we haven't had a starter get knocked out early yet. What happens when we have a guy only go 2 innings.

Even if it isn't Capellan, I would be happy to have Sarfate, Spurling, Zumwalt.... any other option other than Aquino

Archived