Brewer Fanatic

Anybody been to Busch?

dvoiss
We are going to St Louis this weekend for the Cardcinal series. Does any body know what it's like? do they have ample parking? Is tailgating allowed? Any help would be appreciated.

I have been to the old Busch Stadium which was right next to where the new one is. There seemed to be a decent amount of parking near the ballpark if you get there early enough. I also saw a few parking garages in the area.

No chance on the tailgaiting though.

Quote:
You sure? It's says on the Cardinals website that they do.
Well, I could be wrong. My mom went to the new Busch last year and she said they wouldn't let her in with her backpack. They might have change their policy. Or maybe she just looked shady.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I was there earlier this year, and it was a great time. Park in one of the garages downtown and walk, it's not a bad area really. There is no tailgating, but there are two or three bars that have outdoor patio or beer gardens set up for every home game. We went to Mike Shannon's before and after the game and it was a very fun time. Be prepared to down plenty of Budweiser products, or on the second level of the stadium they have an area with actual booze during the game.

The professional bowling hall of fame is right outside the stadium as well, and that wasn't as boring as I thought it would be either.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I have a friend who lives in St. Louis and she wants me to come up there for the weekend games. So I'm trying to debate whether making the 7 hour drive is worthwhile. Would love to go, though, I've only ever been to 3 baseball stadiums, Miller, County, and Metrodome. One is gone, and the other one is a dump. So I guess you could say I appreciate Miller quite a bit.

Ramps around there are pretty cheap, and when I went last year (the Saturday game) we just parked on the roof of the ramp we went to and tailgated on top. Paid our $15 for parking and had a good time.

The stadium is right off the freeway, very easy to get to.

If you're staying over night, I highly recommend the 'riverwalk' area, if you're under 35 or so and want to experience some night life. :)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It is horrible. The seats suck and fans are jerks.

Care to elaborate on that? Most people say that the ST. Louis fans are generally pretty knowledgeable and respectful.

I remember going to the old Busch Stadium in the mid-'90s with our family while we were on vacation. We had decent seats that were higher up, and it felt like if you took a step forward, you were going to fall onto the field, that's how steep it was. The turf sure looked pristine. Got to see Ozzie Smith play, so that made my day right there.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote:
The seats suck and fans are jerks.

Last year we had beer bottles thrown at us from across the section, multiple times, in full view of ushers. We complained and the ushers tried to throw us out for standing and clapping for the Brewers. Bleacher security is a complete joke.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I went last year for the second to last game of the year. St. Louis was real nice, the fans were friendly even though I was dressed in full Brewers gear. I was disappointed in the stadium, however. The seats weren't very good, they were close together, and the view from upper grand was partially obstructed (didn't say they would be, they weren't the "worst" seats in the house). Overall I was underwhelmed by it.

Later, this season, as I was sitting in Miller Park for a Brewers/Cards game, I asked the Cardinals fan sitting next to me what they thought of Miller Park. "It's nice, but not as nice as Busch Stadium." To each their own, I guess.

I've been to Old Busch but not the new. The fans are very friendly. In fact, since the Cards are basically out of the race, they will probably be extra supportive to the Brewers fans in attendance - they just want to see the Cubs lose.

I was there earlier this year, I thought that it was really nice and the people are great. One bad thing about it though is that if you walk down on the concourse behind the first base line, they have the old out of town scoreboards from the last game of 2005. Shows that the Brewers lost to the Pirates and ended at .500, but it is a great park, and it is all street and garage parking, so forget tailgating.

Here is a picture that I took, it is one of my favorite parks that I have been to.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e378/billyhallfan/Ballpark%20Trips/ballparktrip3093.jpg

Archived