Brewer Fanatic

nothing brewing

The Cubs are the ones to worry about the most. There's nothing to indicate "Derrick Lee will get injured". Yeah, he's been hurt in the past, but seems healthy so far this year. They also probably have enough depth where an injury to someone like Lee isn't going to be enough to derail them at this point.

The way Aramis has been throwing the ball to 1B looks as though he wants Derrick Lee to get injured. Maybe Aramis is having some arm problems. Every game that I have seen from the Cubs Aramis has been throwing the ball very poorly. It looks as though something is wrong with his elbow when he is throwing the ball.

Nearly all of his throws have been waist down. Rarely have I seen Aramis throwing the ball to the chest or even above Lee. They have been either waist high or lower. This could be hazardous for Lee if he has to stretch out a little bit more and a runner hits him as he is stretching for a ball. This was the same way he got injured before if I remember correctly.

As series pointed out, what strikes me about this article is the out of context quotes. When Ned spoke of "staggering back" he was referring to Gallardo's injury not being 3 1/2 game back of the Cardinals.

This guy should be posting on the brewerfan website so he can get abused directly rather than actually getting paid to write such crap.

The way Aramis has been throwing the ball to 1B looks as though he wants Derrick Lee to get injured. Maybe Aramis is having some arm problems. Every game that I have seen from the Cubs Aramis has been throwing the ball very poorly. It looks as though something is wrong with his elbow when he is throwing the ball.
Nearly all of his throws have been waist down. Rarely have I seen Aramis throwing the ball to the chest or even above Lee. They have been either waist high or lower. This could be hazardous for Lee if he has to stretch out a little bit more and a runner hits him as he is stretching for a ball. This was the same way he got injured before if I remember correctly.

I noticed the same thing about Aramis' throws. If it weren't for Lee, the Cubs would have an average-at-best defense, especially with Soriano in left and DeRosa at 2B. They were much better defensively with DeRosa in LF and Fontenot at 2B.

As far as Lee's injury, he broke his arm/wrist while tagging a runner when a throw was up the line.

It's sad that I see so much of the Cubs, but I guess that's what I get for living in Illinois.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Aramis is also dealing with a wrist injury that's kept him out of the lineup for a few games, after he had been hit by a pitch a few times on it.

Aram and Soriano are about as injury-riddled and DL-prone as Sheets is...any time one of my Cub fan friends talks about Sheets being fragile, I just bring up all the nagging injuries these two face - I also bring up the time Sheets drilled Ramirez, which led to Ramirez throwing his helmet at him and spraining his ankle. If anyone's fragile it's a guy who injures himself in an altercation with Sheets!

Aramis is also dealing with a wrist injury that's kept him out of the lineup for a few games, after he had been hit by a pitch a few times on it.

I believe it is more than just a lingering wrist injury. He is not throwing the ball very hard and has been playing back defensively. This also maybe just all in what Aramis does anyone he is a lazy player. I still think Aramis will go on the DL later this year which will hurt the Cubs more so than if Soriano goes on the DL again. I'm just not convinced that this is just a lingering wrist injury.

all of one day later, here's the sporting news/yahoo combining for yet another shoddy, if not completely pointless brewers bashing story.

why is there anything worth saying about cameron's suspension now? he never made a big deal about it, doesn't have a history of problems, appeared to have worked hard in his time off, and he came to play when the suspension ended. who cares if he may have stayed in a $100 a night hotel on his rehab stint? is it his fault he makes millions of dollars? would he really be showing some character if he was to "slum it" by sleeping on some career AAA type's couch for the week? so devoid of content - is there really such a dearth of worthwhile story material in the majors right now?

edit: title

You're right, the article is absolutely devoid of content.

In reading about the "pain" of Cameron's suspension, you'd be tempted to think he was emerging, falsely imprisoned, from a 10-year sentence in a medieval dungeon. One story even mentioned that, during his stint in the minors-which lasted four games-Cameron stayed in a $100-per-night hotel. The horror!

I follow the team closely, and I have yet to see a story depicting Cameron's terrible experience about his suspension. Ridiculous...and it's not like a $100 per night hotel is something lavish...it's actually pretty standard.

No one has made Mike Cameron out to be a hero because he was taking extra BP. He was serving his punishment, and that's that. He took supplements...and it was stupid.

What exactly was the point of this piece??? Again, this article is another reason why sportswriting is such an easy target.

Archived