Brewer Fanatic

Going to San Diego

crossface21
I'm headed to San Diego for the next couple days and I'm staying at the Westin Gaslamp Quarter. Does anyone know if there are any good sports bars in the area that may be carrying the Brewers games? Thanks.

I absolutely loved my trip to San Diego last year. I stayed in Little Italy and had some great chow. Don't pass up an opportunity to go to Petco, it's a great stadium. The train goes down to Tijuana (San Ysidro), which, in the face of everyone who hates it, is one of the coolest places I've ever been. If you can't stand on American soil and look at a big city in another country with crazy colors and a totally different culture and feel utterly overwhelmed, you have no imagination. It's an insane feeling to physically walk the line between two different worlds - to see people caught up in trying to buy a Lexus in one spot and see huge smiles on the faces of poor kids after you walk over a bridge.

Karl Strauss is good. If you can, go to the top of the Marriott in the Gaslamp one night - they have a rooftop lounge that looks over the stadium and over the whole city. Two of my favorite places in the Gaslamp are Bondi Beach Club, where they have a Tasmanian beer called James Boag's Draught - probably the only place in America where you can get that beer on tap, and the Gaslamp Strip Club - a grill-your-own steakhouse where they female wait staff wears burlesque outfits and you have to be 21 to enter (yes, no kids in there at all, ever).

Archived