Brewer Fanatic

Is Nashville's Record Part of the Plan?

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Are you suggesting that the Brewers purposely put together a sub-.500 team at AAA so that there would be no pressure to leave potential call-ups on the Sounds roster in the heat of a pennant race September 1st?

Please, heck they pillaged last year's Sounds squad as soon as they could with no regrets whatsoever.

And by the way, in the big picture, the Sounds aren't even that far out of first place and a playoff spot in a thus-far weak division.

Thread to nowhere...

Won't have to wait for the Sounds to finish the playoffs before promoting a few guys in September.

Are you serious? They just took 3 out of 4 from the best team in the PCL (IRCC). If you've followed the team (which I'm assuming you haven't or you wouldn't have made said statement), they've been playing pretty darn good baseball as of late. The Hurricane was with the Brewers and Mark DiFelice was on the DL when they were struggling. Now they have their lead off hitter back and IMO the best pitcher in the PCL over the course of his tenure in Nashville -- and if you want to argue that look up his stats.

this thread wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I'm just in a "looking for silver linings" mood.

Then maybe you should've put it in blue or better yet not start a thread about a topic not to be taken seriously. Isn't there already a silver linings thread?

I'm sure the Nashville Sounds players and fans appreciate your attempt at comedy, at their expense.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Doug Melvin is not around to make a better AAA squad. He said so himself.

That said, I see no reason whatsoever that a playoff run would hurt players on a AAA team. One way it would help them would be that the players would then have that experience under their belt, as close to the majors as you can be without being there.

The way things rolled out this year, Nashville didn't end up stocked like they have been in the past. One quick glance at the roster in Huntsville this year should give the die-hard Sounds fans something to look forward to later this year and next year.

Wow he tried to make a joke. Calm down.

I guess I don't see the point in making the thread then. I even responded to his statement that it shouldn't be taken seriously, but this thread has no substance and I don't really see the point in joking about a team that most likely would be the replacements to injuries the Brewers may face and a team that the Brewers have no problem ripping apart for the expanded rosters in September -- and I have no problem with that. Look at last years playoff roster and all the players that were signed to fill the roster.

And the "joke" doesn't make any sense if you actually look at what the Sounds have been doing as of late and not the record. They've won 5 of their last 7 and I thought it's too early to worry about the playoffs? Or does that just apply to the team in Milwaukee?

I'm sure the Nashville Sounds players and fans appreciate your attempt at comedy, at their expense.

I doubt they come here to read my take on anything. I'm not that much of an egotist to think I have any influence on their emotional well-being.

Actually, as someone still fairly new to baseball and still learning, yes I DO come here for insight. All I know is from watching this team, especially on this most recent homestand, this team sure doesn't look as bad as their record.

Verified Member
Wow he tried to make a joke. Calm down.

I guess I don't see the point in making the thread then.

Maybe he shouldn't have started the thread, I don't know. I guess I don't see the point of jumping all over him.

Maybe he shouldn't have started the thread, I don't know. I guess I don't see the point of jumping all over him.

I don't consider it "jumping all over him" when a statement is made that is completely false and was made with little or zero support. The sky is falling in Nashville apparently...

I don't consider it "jumping all over him" when a statement is made that is completely false and was made with little or zero support. The sky is falling in Nashville apparently...

Completely false? The team is 10-20, that's terrible. That is the point of truth. What was nonsensical was the notion it was part of some clever plan.

Completely false? The team is 10-20, that's terrible. That is the point of truth. What was nonsensical was the notion it was part of some clever plan.

They are 5.5 games out of first and have won 5 of their last 7. They had their lead off hitter in Milwaukee and recently got back their best pitcher...those are the real facts. Throwing out the thought you did because they're in last place makes next to zero sense. They didn't get off to a great start, but they were missing some key pieces to their team.

Did you follow the Sounds at all last year? Take a look at a box score from their playoffs. They had to sign several free agents to replace the players they called up to Milwaukee. I have a feeling the Sounds will end up playing some decent ball this year and I think it's a little foolish to jump ship on the team after 30 games.

Archived