Brewer Fanatic

Electric Shavers

BMuch
Verified Member

I know that a similar topic has been raised in the past, but I'm actually just looking for recommendations for a new electric shaver/razor. My neck is very sensitive, so please keep that in mind. About 10 years ago I used a Norelco with its lift and cut system, but after awhile it became the lift and yank system. I've used Mach 3 for some time now, but I still get neck burn.

Please help me with recommendations.

i CANNOT use a blade to shave my face/neck. i have bought different kinds of blades - none of them work (although i havent tried the hair conditioner thing). no matter what amount of lather, how hot the water is, or how new the blade is, i cant shave without destroying my neck and pulling the hair off my face.

i own 3 electric shavers. i need all 3 based on what kind of shave i need on that particular day. i love all 3 that i own.

i use a "Remington® Precision® Titanium® Personal Groomer" to trim my facial hair until it is short enough to shave with a NORELCO electric razor (the kind with 3 circular shavers), which smooth shaves the rest of my face and neck without burning/cutting them. the remington i mentioned has a bunch of different trimming accessories as well. the best $20 i ever spent for a razor.

i also have a panasonic razor that i only use the "sideburn trimmer" to get the back of my neck or to clean up a bit when i'm getting "scruffy".

Menotti80 wrote:

i cant shave without destroying my neck and pulling the hair off my face.

Isn't that the idea? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif I'm usually lazy and I only shave about once a week, so I use the sideburn trimmer all over my face to trim it pretty short, then use an actual razor and it works pretty fine. I'm going to have to try the conditioner thing though, sounds pretty neat.

The neck problem is solved very simply. Buy a girl's gillette sensor razor and use that in the shower. The blade will work for a good month and it's almost impossible to cut yourself using one of those things. I use that in the shower and a basic electric razor for the rest of my face.

How are some of you shaving, which directions I mean. I don't have a real thick wolf-man beard or anything but I never get irritation and my skin is very sensitive. On the neck you can't shave against the grain of your hair until you shave with the grain first, same goes for the rest of my face. I have to shave my face twice basically each time I shave which is everyday. I go down on the face, and up on the neck. Then repeat going up on the face and pulling the razor towards my chin on my neck. It only takes a few extra minutes and after letting the shaving cream sit on my face for a minute or two the hair comes off much easier. Just my two cents! Good luck with the razor burn Bmuch.

Archived