Brewer Fanatic

5/6/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Marlins (Olsen): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you that watch a lot of baseball like myself (beside brewer games), do any of you sense a lack of intensity/fire/sense of urgency on this team compared to many other teams you see on TV? It seems to me that this Brewer team tends to "coast" through a lot of games

For those of you that watch a lot of baseball like myself (beside brewer games), do any of you sense a lack of intensity/fire/sense of urgency on this team compared to many other teams you see on TV? It seems to me that this Brewer team tends to "coast" through a lot of games

I was just about to post the same thing. This game in particular, it just feels like this team has no energy. Maybe it's playing in Florida where there are no fans, or the announcers even (Brian and Bill), but everything just seems tired and not interested in baseball.

That K pitch was above Weeks' shoulders

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Also - Just watch the difference between the Brewers and almost any team we have played so far. We swing at so many terrible pitches, its crazy. Doesn't seem like the brewers get the quality AB's that other teams get (most of the time).

Also - Just watch the difference between the Brewers and almost any team we have played so far. We swing at so many terrible pitches, its crazy. Doesn't seem like the brewers get the quality AB's that other teams get (most of the time).

This has happened for years. Skaalen skated last year because Fielder hit 50 and Braun was on fire from the second he arrived.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

This has happened for years. Skaalen skated last year because Fielder hit 50 and Braun was on fire from the second he arrived.

It is beyond frustrating. Braun swings at anything near the plate. I am not sure he knows what a walk is...

I have always been a big fan of Scott Olsen including last year when he was having all his troubles. I am also kind of liking this marlins team they play well and our young. Could be scary as they all grow older.

The Marlins don't grow older as a team. Players grow older and are traded for more prospects, so they are always going to be one of the younger teams. However, if they added 1 or 2 solid veterans in the season before their young studs hit FA or last years of arbitration then they'll be good like in 2003.

Hi Mr. Suppan,

You are a career 4.62 ERA pitcher.

Your ERA this season is now 5.50; therefore, you owe me 7 1/3 scoreless innings.

Please proceed "regressing" to your mean... any time now.

Thank you,

Peanut Gallery

This team is just not fun to watch right now.

Yeah, I feel like I'm better off staying a little late at work tonight

I don't want to say Game Over, but I will say I will eat a caper-and-eggplant salad for lunch tomorrow if they win

Archived