Brewer Fanatic

4/22/07 Astros (Oswalt) @ Brewers (Bush): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you need to get a hug today and find some blame for a player for once.

Maybe you need to figure out that managers CAN do wrong by putting players in during bad situations and make bad decisions. It'd help you become a better baseball fan.

Great win today. Too bad it had to be so nerve-wracking!

What was our bullpen plan today? I know that we didn't want to use Cordero or Turnbow. Maybe for tomorrow's game we give Coco the night off and designate Turnbow as our 9th inning pitcher, etc... I thought we wore Turnbow down last year and I have thought that we have worn Wise down every year. I hope that we can avoid that this year.

I'll take a win any way we can get it. A 4-1 homestand and 11-7 overall and 1st place is pretty sweet after the first 18 games.

Is it safe to say that Cordero won't be available tommorow? Pretty good chance of rain in Chicago tommorow night anyways.

Peavey you need the help. So I can be a better baseball fan if I blame managers for everything? And especially if I do it after the fact and do it when I know the outcome. That makes sense.

You should know that players are the ones who get it done or not. A manager is just not going to take a guy out with a shutout, up 4 runs. So Ned is not to blame here. But the bullpen came through and we won the game. So Ned got another win and the players get credit for getting it done.

nice peavey......

simply cuz u believe that yost screwed up today (about what I do not know)....

you give me a "don't do that again" slap on the wrist because I called the guy who basically said ned yost tanks games an idiot.

just doesn't add up buddy.

[ simply cuz u believe that yost screwed up today (about what I do not know)....

you give me a "don't do that again" slap on the wrist because I called the guy who basically said ned yost tanks games an idiot.

just doesn't add up buddy. ]

The whole rule about calling people names is in place for everyone, no matter what they say.

Gezz.. my laptop locked up at work right at the 0 - 2 on Biggio. Phew... we do need a few days of not counting on CoCo to rest the poor fellas arm. Hopefully we should be able to score plenty against the scrubs.

Quote:
just doesn't add up buddy.

We've got rules here against personal attacks. Calling someone an "idiot" isn't cool...

I personally don't have a problem with Yost today. I could see pulling Bush after the walk but I'm pretty sure Yost didn't want to have to have to use Co-Co today if he didn't have to...

I found it curious that when Gwynn came in he was at RF and Gross was moved to CF? Is Gross a better CF than Gwynn? Either way, I liked that double switch

Actually Gwynn came in for Gross.

I'd guess they figure Gwynn can get to some balls Gross can't, and that could make the difference between a gapper and a single.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
Let's all just have a group hug and toast to blowing the Cubs out of Miller Park South tomorrow.

Agreed. Let's tee off on Big Z and his lucky 7's ERA.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived