Brewer Fanatic

5/4/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Astros (Sampson): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I probably obsess about this more than most but Pitch f/x and the stadium radar gun has sheets throwing 4, 96 MPH fastball that inning. Are both way fast or is Sheets losing his mind? Sampsons' fastballs are registering at around 88, so I'm skeptical he's really throwing 85. Weird.

Why do fans of other teams copy the Cubs dumb tradition of throwing opposing HR balls back onto the field? Cub fans are hardly fans I want to emulate. It drives me nuts everytime I see someone do that at Miller Park. Just give it to a kid who doesn't know the difference anyway if you don't want it.

Benny so far:

Velocity: Great

Control: Inconsistent, but some of those punch outs were RIGHT on the black. Nice

Stuff: Curveball looks great at times and then it looks flat at times. I mean flat by Ben Sheets standards.

K's (through 2): 5. Any time he gets that 2:1 K:IP ratio going i think back to Atlanta.

Overall: Looking much better than last outing. If he can keep this up we might just be able to get past losing Yo...

So Rluz, are you saying that Sampson is usually around 85?

I guess it wouldn't surprise me if they "amped" up the gun a little. Them wild eyed country boys sure do love them some good ol' country heat sure as you're born i tell ya.

Matter of fact, Bob said before the game that Sampson is usually around 87 to 88.. but pitcher previews tend to give players the benefit of the doubt. Just like other teams used to say about Cappy: "He'll get up there around 91, maybe 92 when he needs to."

I'm listening to a houston feed because WTMJ keeps breaking up on me and the announcer keeps referring to all of our players by position instead of name. How lazy is that.

Get back in the box Tejada, drama queen.

Give him a break, he's had a 2 year long month

I shouldn't laugh because I'm sure that was something that was really bothering Tejada until he finally spilled the beans about his real age, but that's funny.

Archived