Brewer Fanatic

5/4/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Astros (Sampson): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really, how is this game differnt from a lot of games this year, other than the outcome? When the starter does well, he doesn't get a decision. THe game goes to extras and it's pretty much a coin flip. The Brewers have won their share, and now they're losing them.

I was just explaining to my wife how [stupid] Minute Maid Park is. Her response (with a disgusted look on her face): "Did they build it like that on purpose?" A silly question, yes, but there is some wisdom in it. EDIT: Can't say that. - b19

EDIT BY DLK9S: Oops, sorry. Should've previewed it first. My bad.

Although it is a good home run park, overall it's been playing as a neutral park over the last few years. I could say a couple of other things here, but I know y'all don't tolerate criticism on this board.

The Brewers lost this game for a lot of reasons, but this is one of the rare times I feel the lion's share rests on blue: Blum was out, Berkman was out, game over in the 9th. Disgusting. It goes both ways, I know, but ugh.

To make matters worse, this is one of those days where my Brewers' Obsession butts into real life--all afternoon my wife was shelling and cutting up vegetables and working on a soup, and she served it to me with one out and Erstad at bat in the bottom of the ninth. As the tying run gets walked in, she asks me, "How do you like it?"

"It's good, but I don't know if I can eat this Bad Luck Soup any longer," I answer with a light smile on my face but really only half-joking.

Silent treatment for a while there, amigos.

Ugh. On to Miami.

get rid of gagne

Why? Because he got squeezed badly today and the umps blew a call at first base that was clearly an out? He made great pitches like he has for most of the season.

I don't remember Berkman being this bad of a Brewer killer, but he was in this series for sure.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived