Brewer Fanatic

5/4/08 Brewers (Sheets) at Astros (Sampson): 1:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Also when Gagne's come in a semi-closer-type situation at home (tie going into the 9th or later) he's pitched scoreless twice. There's a "result" that doesn't show up as a win or a save but he did the job. And it does matter if you keep it a tie even after blowing the save so you still have a chance to win so he does have something to say in those results.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it's amazing how much better (more accurate) that Torres' strike zone is compared to what Gagne was getting

The home plate umpire is one that has reputation of getting excited along with the emotion of the crowd. In my umpiring circles, it's well known that he plays for the dramatics (ie, wishing for a tie ballgame, a rally, etc.)

tell me that the Astros 1st base coach is even close to being in his coaching box. Wasn't that something umps were keeping an eye on this year. Does this crew just get to make their own set of rules and regulations?
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Oh poor Gagne....We're SOOOOOOOO sorry we haven't been giving you at least three runs to record your easy save. How sad. Boo whooo for Gagne. STEP IT UP!!!!

I'm not gonna disagree with you, but where were you from the 4th to the 9th inning when we were failing to do anything offensively? I agree that Gagne needs to step it up, but so does this entire baseball team right now, outside of Ben Sheets. And even Ben gave up 4 runs in under 7 innings today.

I didn't start posting till Gagne upset me so much....this was a W and he blew it...Yes, the ump's squeezed him, but he still couldn't get out of it. Sheets should be 5-0.

Not to mention most of his blown saves have been kind of goofy.

1) Very poor conditions and first game pitched

2) HR that barely made it over the wall at the shallowest part of miller park

3) Pitching on 100 days in a row and obviously had nothing and gave up the pair of HR

4) Terrible throw to 1B by Weeks lets in run

5) Bad call at 1B, bunch of bad strike calls.

He had 17 K and 5 BB going into this game so not like the control has been a problem all year. I'm personally not ready to give up on Gagne because he should have never pitched in #3, he shouldn't have had a blown save in #4 or #5.

I didn't start posting till Gagne upset me so much....this was a W and he blew it...Yes, the ump's squeezed him, but he still couldn't get out of it. Sheets should be 5-0.

I'm estatic he only gave up two runs when forced to get 5 outs.

Hey a lefty! C'mon Braun, no 0-6 today

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

You're making the same point multiple times without furthering it or listening to the logic of the counter-arguments. Saying that he blew it over and over again doesn't make your point any more valid.

Everything's so black and white, didn't you know?

You're making the same point multiple times without furthering it or listening to the logic of the counter-arguments. Saying that he blew it over and over again doesn't make your point any more valid.

I've countered everything that's been brought to me...maybe not as eloquently as some, but I have refuted all statements about our offense and the role of the closer....

It's not quite the same situation, but when I was a wrestler in HS we had a pretty competitive team my sophomore year. One of my classmates wrestled heavywieght, usually against much bigger, stronger junior and senior kids. He'd get pinned in the final match and we'd lose the dual. Yeah, he should have tried not to get pinned, but if a few of the guys in the lighter weights would have come through with a pin or a few extra points, the last match doesn't matter.

Yeah, Gagne should be better. But you can't just put the losses solely on him just because he's the last guy with his fingerprints on the evidence.

I've countered everything that's been brought to me...maybe not as eloquently as some, but I have refuted all statements about our offense and the role of the closer....

I disagree, but I also am not trying to be combative, so I erased that comment.

Someone needs to pound it into these guys heads-- that if a guy has thrown 6 straight balls ---TAKE #7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait for a strike!!!!! Is that a job of a real coach or manager. Fine them.

Prince is back struggling again in big spots

I'm surprised you think he stopped struggling in big spots. I feel like he's always swinging for the fences and trying to win it all himself in that position.

edit: fixed my grammar

Archived