Brewer Fanatic

Jose Capellan DFA'd

I don't think anyone would consider "schmuck" profane, unless they were a Yiddish speaker and lived a couple of centuries ago.

I guess I'm curious. Is it then okay to curse here in foreign languages?

Schmuck is Yiddish for "obnoxious or contemptible person." It can also mean clumsy and less refined.

That was my understanding...and that was the result from dictionary.com as well.

I guess I'm curious. Is it then okay to curse here in foreign languages?

Seriously? I think you're either being a tad arrogant here, or completely misunderstanding the use of the word. You can't "curse", but you could, for example, say someone is a boob.

Why would you call me arrogant? There are words that can't be used here because they have different meanings. You have already agreed that this has been considered by some to be profane. I'm trying to understand why a mod would use a word that he knows has a vulgar meaning, and then would call a poster arrogant for trying to gain clarification.

Archived